Chapter 16: Frienmies

Time went on, and so did life. I decided to stay with the Whitlock's and made myself at home. I tried to avoid the house and them as much as possible by doing little side missions and catching vampires- the bad ones of course.

I was coming down the stairs, dressed for the day and was heading towards the door when Peter called me from the living room. Sighing, I blow a piece of hair out of my face and turn back towards the living room. I quirk an eyebrow at him as I see him and Char on the couch, while Jasper sat on a stool at the counter to my left.

"Stay a while Lil' Bit. We hardly see you," he says wagging his eyebrows. My eyes narrow as I scowl at him.

"For good reasons," I mutter moving closer to the wall to lean against it. Peter rolls his eyes but grins.

"We were thinkin about headin over to that club we found ya at later."

I raise and eyebrow. "And?"

"You should come," Peter replies with a 'duh' tone.

"How about no."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pleeeeaaaa--"

My phone vibrates loudly against the wall and I leaned forward to pull it out. Lydia's name was on the screen when I quickly glanced at it before answering.

"Lydia?"

Screams, yells, and crashes were heard in the background.

"Selene! They got through the layers!" Lydia screams over the loud noises. "Goddammit Spence! I said left! Left goddammit! Sorry, but we're gonna be stopping by in an hour or so. I'll explain more later. LANDON!"

The phone went dead after that and I curse under my breath. Shoving my phone in my pocket, I shove past Devin who had just walked through the door, and I'm out the door. Jumping in my truck, I start the engine and drive far.

Twenty minutes later I'm waiting in the airport parking lot for three of my angel friends and maybe more. Depending where everyone went after the catastrophe at HQ.

My angelic senses tingle as four angels come into my 'radar'. I frown. Who else did they bring with them. Glancing up, all four are heading toward my car in twos.

I open the door and step out, my black combat boots crunching under the gravel. Ya, the parking lot isn't all that great, needs to be repaved, just saying.

I glare as I see the new addition to our group.

"Krista."

"Isabella."

"Lydia!" I hiss.

Swallow. "Bells."

"Uh, Peach?"

I turn to Spence. "Uh, what Spencer?!" I snap.

"We didn't have much of a choice. We either save her, or the Demons get."

I sigh. "Shoulda let the Demons get her, if only it weren't for the stupid complications," I mutter as I turn and slip into the drivers seat.

"Bitch," I hear Krista mutter.

I growl.

Spencer slips into the passenger seat while the other three get into the back. Lydia presses herself as far away as she can from Krista into Landon.

I sigh. It was going to be a long ride.

***

"This is where we're going to be staying? What the hell happened to luxury?"

"Well, Krista, that all went away the minute Lucifer decided to send his effin army of Demons!" I snap.

That's about all I've done for the past thirty minutes. Or maybe it's been hours, who knows, I don't. But that's all I've done, snap back at this, snap back at that. They should have just let Krista die and we could have dealed with the complications later.

"Did anyone else make it out?" I ask turning down the dirt road that seemed like it would go on forever.

Everyone was silent for a moment.

"I'm not sure," Spence finally says with a frown. "I know others made it out, I'm just not sure who. I know Headmaster and Mrs. Lofthouse made it, and I saw a couple of others, but..." Spence shrugs.

I sigh and adjust my cowboy hat. "Oh, and what the hell? I told you not to call me Peach, you son of a bitch." My eyes narrow as I glare at him. He smirks but says nothing.

"What are we going to do now?" Lydia asks from the back.

I glance at her in the review mirror and shrug.

"Honestly, I have no idea. We could all go seperate ways, but it's probably best to stay together. Especially if Lucifer's out and ready for some kill. But other then that, I have a friend that's in need of some protecting. Oh, and y'all have to call me Selene. Its my mission name," I explain as I hit the code for the gate and drive through.

Krista wrinkles her nose and sniffs with distaste. I roll my eyes and park, hopping out followed by the others I slam the door.

"Uh Peach," Spence says wearily glancing at me. The question in his eyes. Seriously, vampires?

I glare at him but say, "yes. Y'all don't know a thing alright?" They all nod and we head up the steps and inside.

The four vampires were hanging out back on the porch talking when we came and joined them. Jasper eyed the others, and I couldn't help notice how his eyes lingered on Spence, who was right behind me, and his proximity.

I gestured between them, and pointed to each person as I said names. "Peter, Char, Jasper, Devin, these are Landon and Lydia, and Krista and Spence."

My friends eye the vampires wearily, Jasper does the same, while my stupid friend over here, Peter, grins widely in his creepy way.

"Welcome friends! To my humble abode! Please do not be alarmed, all blood and weapons that may be found are permitted!"

Que. major face palm.