Chapter 17: Meeting

We were all sitting near the river that I had been on my first day here at the Whitlock's. Gathered in a circle, Spence was the first one to start the conversation. Of course, him and his big fat mouth.

"So these are the little bloodsuckers you've been ditching us for the past three weeks," Spence states. I roll my eyes and look at him blankly.

"Yes, and they are my friends, vampires. And for all they know, you guys know nothing about them. So it's best we keep it this way, for now."

"Wouldn't this just bring complications?" Lydia asks suddenly as she stares off into space, calculating things in her head. She did that all the time.

I sigh. "It might. But it'll be harder to explain how you guys know about them without giving us away. Remember, it's not like they can just tell us. Vampire rules."

"Well, then why don't we find a hotel or something? Specifically a hotel," Krista asks snottily. My eyes narrow. I of course, being the genius I am, already thought of that and why it might and might not work. And there were a hella lot more reasons to why it wouldn't work.

"Well let's see, Bitch, there is 1) My mission is here and I intend to finish it," I start ticking things off with my fingers, "2) We're out in the middle of nowhere so it'll be harder to track us, 3) They'll be willing to help if we go to war with Hell, 4) They're long friends of mine, 5) They could just track us back down and rip our heads off -if they were even able to get us tied down-, pacifically yours Krista. Need I go on? Oh ya, 6) Hotels are crummy and filled with people, and this is one of the vampire hotspots."

Krista glared at the ground while crossing her arms like a child who didn't get a cookie. "No, fine."

I smirked. "Good. Not that that's covered and done with, anything else?"

"Um, ya. Are you all ever gonna realize I'm not with you?!" A voice said from high up in the trees. I roll my eyes as we watched the figure jumps down and hurries toward us. About damn time.

"It's about time. I thought you'd never join the party," I tell her sarcastically with a sweet smile. She glares at me.

"Bitch. I hate you." She takes a seat between Landon and Spence while turning her glare to Krista.

"Oh great, it's the biggest Bitch of all the Bitches."

She makes a face. "And it's the biggest slut of them all."

Jade snorts. "Bitch please, I'm still a virgin."

Spence gasps and pretends to choke while I stare at her with open horror.

"You're still a virgin?" I ask with a fake gasp at the end. Jade glares at me.

"Watch it, cuz you ain't no slut either."

Spence pretends to come harder.

"O....M....G! Y'all are virgins. Lydia. Please tell me you're dirty?" Spence cries through gasps of air.

Lydia looks at him with disgust and rolls her eyes. "Yes, I'm "dirty" at you call it you little Prick."

"You wound me." He puts his hand to his heart and looks up dramatically. I reach over and slap him hard on the back of his head, making him fall forward with an 'OMPH!'.

"Ya bicts," he mumbles against the ground before bringing himself up.

"I didn't hear you!" I sing standing up and dancing around our group. Spence tries to snort, only to get a nose full of dirt and starts to choke for real.

"You........ BITCH!" he chokes out before going into a round of coughing. Too bad.

I laugh evilly.

"I think it's about time to go back now," I say checking my phone. The others nod and stand while Spence does his best to rid of the dirt.

We decide to take the long trek home through the woods instead of any flying or teleportation, for fears of being found out. Everyone was silent except for Krista muttering complaints and Spence muttering how he was going to kill us all, especially me.

"So why do care so much about this vampire you need to save or whatever for your mission? Is it the blond, brooding one?" Krista asks, about ten minutes away from the house.

My jaw clenches, and I hold back the urge to turn around and punch her. "Yes, and his name is Jasper, if you were even paying attention. And I'm dead sent on finishing this because we go along way back. So don't even ask," I hiss before stepping up my pace. Leaving the rest in the dust.

God, I hate her so effing much. I wish we could have just fed her to the demons. Maybe she'll accidentally fall off a cliff and forget how to fly. Or maybe, she'll die in this battle that we'll probably be having soon. I can feel it, it's just on the edge of breaking. We really need to find some clubs, Angels, and the ones who made it out of the Layers.

We're going to need everyone one we can get, or were going to be in deep shit. And Earth, might as well be the next Hell. I'm gonna have to take Peter up on his offer. Effin' basterd. Bet he already knew all about this. Me and him are going to have a nice long chit-chat.

And it's going to be ugly.