11

"Welcome back." Kiri said as me and Lo'ak entered our pod. "You guys were out for a long time."

"We got distracted with Payakan. Lo'ak is right about the tulkun, I really don't think that the stories about Payakan are true." I said, sitting down next to Kiri.

"Told you." Lo'ak sighed. He lay down to rest. "Where's everyone else?" He continued.

"They went hunting for food outside the reef." Kiri said. "With Tuk?" I asked, concerned. "I think so." She answered.

"I'm going to get some air." I said, getting up. "I'll come with you, I need something to do." Kiri stood up to follow me. I nodded and walked down to the beach.

I found a nice rock for me and Kiri to sit on with the perfect view. I sat on the right and Kiri on the left. I placed my hands behind me to lean on and I closed my eyes to take a deep breath. At this moment I felt so relaxed like as if all of the problems in the world was gone. The moment was soon ruined when I felt a small rock hit the back of my head. I turned my head around to see what hit me.

"Itan, you idiot!" I heard a girl yell out. She ran to me with a tall boy following behind her. "We are so sorry." She said once she came up to me. "He's an idiot."

"Yeah I figured." I smiled. "So you guys are from the forest right?" She asked. "Mhm." I answered. "That's so cool. I'm Sayul. My brother, Na'itan, but everyone calls him Itan - it's shorter." She introduced herself and the boy next to her.

"Y/n. This is my sister, Kiri." I introduced as Kiri did a short wave. "You guys look like twins." Kiri pointed out. Sayul laughed to herself before adding on. " That's because we are. Itan is sadly older by 4 minutes."

"That's so cool." I smiled. "So do you guys want to hang out with us?" The girl asked. I looked at Kiri as she said "Yeah sure." "Come with us." Sayul smiled before turning around for us to follow. The boy kept silent and just followed his sister. They led us to a group of Metkayina kids. There was 3 of them.

"Guys this is Y/N and Kiri." Sayul introduced us to the group. We waved. Sayul introduced us to the rest of the group. There was a girl who was about the same height as me named Mita. She had long thick hair and accessories that really complemented her face. There was a boy named Ro'ite who was a bit shorter than Itan but still very tall. He had hair that would go down to his shoulders and accessories made of black and white rocks. There was a smaller girl named Natezey who had pretty beads on her hair.

"You guys want to play Truth or Dare?" Natezey suggested. How did they know what Truth or Dare was? I thought that game was only known by the sky people. "Do you guys know how to play it?" Ro'ite asked, looking at me and Kiri. Kiri nodded.

"Come, let's go sit over there. I will get a stick." Sayul said. We all went to sit in a circle and waited to Sayul to get back. There was a flat surface in the middle of the circle for the stick to spin on. "What is like in the forest?" Natezey asked. "It's really great, actually. There is obvious a lot more trees there and you can climb them whenever you want." I told her. "So, you guys are like monkeys?" Mita asked, sounding condescending. "Uhm I guess you could say that, even though there is a difference-" I responded before getting cut off by Sayul, who yelled out holding a stick in her hand, waving it. "I finally found one!" She ran to sit on the empty space between Natezey and Itan.

She placed the stick in the middle of the circle and spun it. The stick pointed towards Kiri. "Truth or Dare?" Sayul asked. Kiri thought for a moment then said "Truth." "How do you like the reef so far?" Sayul asked. "I like it. It's very different from home but it's still good." Kiri responded. Sayul smiled. "Your turn."

Kiri spun the stick and it landed on Itan. "T or D?" She asked. "Truth." Itan decided. That was the first time I had heard his voice. Natezey leaned over to Kiri to whisper something in her ear. "Are you attracted to anyone here? In this circle?" Kiri asked. Itan hesitated for a moment before saying yes. Sayul's eyes lit up. "Who is it?" She asked him, looking very excited. "I'm not going to tell you." Itan said, reaching out for the stick to spin it.

This time the stick pointed towards me. "Ooh, can I ask the question??" Sayul asked Itan. "Fine." He growled slightly. Sayul looked at me in the eyes and asked; "Is there anyone that has caught you eye yet?", smirking. "She hasn't even picked truth." Ro'ite pointed out. "Oh, sorry. But you were going to pick truth right?" Sayul excitedly asked. "Uhm sure yeah." I said.

"Great." She smiled. "So has anyone caught your eye at all?" She repeated. Should I tell them about Aonung? Best not to. Not yet. We had only just met after all. "Uh no not really." I answered, trying to sound sincere as possible. I turned my head around as I heard Tuk calling me and Kiri. I got up and so did Kiri. "Sorry guys, we got to go. See you tomorrow maybe?" I waved them goodbye and went back to our pod with Kiri.

Sorry it took kind of long to write another chapter because I just couldn't think of anything for days but here it is 😭
( don't mind any grammar or spelling or whatever mistakes I don't check what i wrote 😭)