Forty one

August 28 2020

Juliette's pov

Drew and I are telling our family today about our pregnancy, but first, we tell Ev.

"Ev, cutie come here please," I tell her as she runs outside.

"Yeah, mamma?" she asks me as she stands in between my legs and plays with my hair.

"Well Princess Mamma and Daddy have very exciting news!" he tells her.

She looks at us with expecting eyes.

"Well petit fleur, you know yesterday when Mamma told you that she doesn't have a baby in her belly like Gigi, well we found out yesterday that I do have a baby in my belly" I tell her

"You have a baby in there?" she asks poking my stomach lightly. I nod my head. She presses her head to my stomach to hear or feel something.

"You won't feel anything yet cutie, you have to wait a few months" I tell her.

"How long is a few months Drew?" she asks her daddy.

"Daddy" he corrects her.

"Drew" she smirks

"Daddy" he corrects for a final time.

"Dad..." she smiles looking at me.

"No. Absolutely not. You will not call me Dad until you're at least 11!" he informs her picking her up and putting her over his shoulder.

He walks over to the beanbag inside and carefully chucks her on it before attacking her with tickles.

Later that day we were at my parent's house for a barbecue.

Everyone was scattered around the garden: Drews's parents, sister and her boyfriend, my parents, siblings and their partners.

"Let's take a photo" Drew shouts.

Everyone gathers around a firepit under the balcony. Brooke sets up her camera and runs back.

"Okay everyone say: Juliette's pregnant!" Drew shouts.

"What!" my mother screams.

"Are you really?" Brooke asks.

"Oh my gosh" Drews's mum shouts

"What is everyone screaming for, I'm so confused!" Jacques asks.

"I'm pregnant Jac," I tell my older brother.

"You are?..." he asks as tears form in his eyes.

"Yeah," I smile as I bring him in for a hug.

Everyone tells us how happy they are and congratulate us.

Now it's just me Ev, Brooke and Jasmine (Alex's girlfriend)

"I can't believe your pregnant" Jasmine states.

"I know it was a shock," I tell her.

"Would you want it to be a girl or a boy?" Brooke asks

"Well I haven't had a boy so that would be nice but if it was another Evelyn I wouldn't complain" I laugh.

"Yeah I'm a princess" Ev smiles

We all laugh as Ev gets off the sofa and starts twirling around.

It was about 2 hours later and it was getting late. I hadn't seen Drew in a while and Ev was getting tired.

"I think we're going to go, she's really tired," I say kissing Ev's forehead, "has anyone seen, Drew?" I ask

"No sorry, the last time I saw him was about an hour and a half, ago," Adrien tells me.

"Alright then" I walk over to the door.

Adrien kisses mine and Evs heads Alex does the same, and Jac kisses Evs head and flicks mine before my parents show me out.

We get home about 30 minutes later and I get Ev ready for bed.

"Where Daddy?" she asks me as she shifts in her bed to get comfy.

"I'll tell him to kiss you good night when he gets home" I kiss her on the head and she wraps her little arms around my neck hugging me.

"Night night Mamma" she whispers

"Good night ma petit fleur" I whisper back.

I pull out my phone to see if Drews called me, or even texted. Nothing.

I decided to go watch Tv for a bit. 3 hours pass, and nothing. I go into the movie room and turn on Criminal Minds.

Halfway through an episode I hear the door open and Drew walks into the kitchen.

I get up and make my way to the kitchen where I see him making a drink.

"Hi love" he walks over to me and places a hand on my waist.

I move away. "It's midnight! Where the hell were you?!" I ask not wanting to shout as Ev might wake up.

"I went out, is that alright?!" he shouts sarcasm lacing his drunken voice.

"Of course it's alright. Maybe just I don't know. tell me." I say as I lean against the counter.

"Why should I have to tell you?! You don't control me" He shouts again clearly not getting the fact that he needs to be quiet because our daughter is sleeping.

"Of course, I'm not the boss of you. You're your own person I'm not in control of that. All I'm asking is that you have some fucking decency and text me where you're at. And lower your voice Evs asleep." I tell the man.

He just sighs, and rubs his hand over his face. "Fucking hell" he sighs. "I need some fresh air" he walks through the patio door to the deck.

I follow him outside and sit next to him.

"Go, please, love" he whispers.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong, and don't you even think about lying to me" I tell him.

"I don't know what's wrong. I'm just tired" he rests his head in his hands.

"Go to sleep" I stand up and pull him up with me.

We get up the stairs and get changed into our pyjamas. I grab my stuff and head for the door.

"Where are you going?" he asks from bed, I can hear the anxiety lacing his drunken voice.

"Into the spare room, I just..." I sigh "I need some time,"

I walk out and see a teary-eyed Evelyn. "Oh baby what's wrong" I ask as I pick her up into my arms.

"I... I had a bad dream" she stutters out.

"Okay fleur, I'm here nothing can harm you. Alright?" I tell her as I walk into her room.

I lay down with her in her bed, and stroke her head as she falls asleep, I end up falling asleep beside her as I feel her body cuddle into my own.

--

I was so close to writing a massive argument but then I was like nope if that happened in real life I would be out there quicker then my dad.

As always remember to vote and leave any suggestions

Love ya