The Sleepover

I reached my house and took a nap as I was on a long journey. But that's an excuse because the real reason I want to sleep is so that I can stay awake today at the sleepover. Apparently Arjun invited Sanvi over so we both will be going there.

At evening around 7, Sanvi and I reached his house. They both are looking very happy to see us here.

We ordered pizza and drinks. We talked about what we have done during the holidays. During the conversation, Arjun and Sanvi came to know that they both are fans of a game which I don't know.

After eating, we all sat in a circle.

"Let's play cards" Arjun suggested.

We played for hours and it is midnight. Then me and Arya decided to watch a movie but Arjun and Sanvi wanted to play their favorite game.

They are about to go into Arjun's room to play and we are about to go to Arya's room to watch a movie.

"Don't be loud, ok? We will be literally in the next room." Sanvi said.

My eyes went as wide as possible "Oh my god Sanvi, are you insane?"

"What? Don't keep the TV volume too loud. It will be disturbing for us. What did you think I was saying?" she said with such innocence that I almost thought I am the one who took it wrong until I saw her smirk.

"Stupid" I mumbled under my breath and went inside after Arya. I am sure that my face is as red as a tomato. There is a bed and a couch beside it perpendicularly. I can't sleep and watch movie on the same bed with Arya so I opted for the couch. I kept my head on one hand rest and stretched my body across the couch. If I raise my head and look over my legs, I can see Arya lying on the bed.

After careful thoughts, we decided for a rom-com and played it. The movie is very good and I am enjoying it while having snacks. But still, I can feel Arya's gaze on me. I am very aware of it and can't help to ask "You want something?"

"Hmmm!!"

What? Is that even a reply for this?

"Stop staring, I can't concentrate on the movie"

"Come here then" He patted the place beside him on the bed. "Then you won't know that I am staring at you."

Oh my goodness, I will surely die at this rate if he says things like this.

I got up and sat on the bed beside him. He wrapped his arm around me. But instead of laying it on my shoulder, he rested his hand on the pillow. I liked it. Not too advancing but still protective.

We are in the middle of the movie when I got a call from my sister.

"Hello my little sister!" I chuckled at my sister sing-song voice. "Missing me?"

"Hi Nikki, can I talk to you later? I think I can't speak with you now."

"Oh ok. Are you outside?"

"Not really, I am at Arya's house." I said with a small voice.

"Oh my god, am I interrupting? I am so sorry. I will cut the call, ok? Don't worry."

I stopped my sister since she imagines that something else is happening here. "Stop" and I looked at Arya who is looking like he is trying hard to control himself not to laugh and I said the next sentence slowly "It's not what you think. Why are you even thinking anything like that?"

"You are asking why? See Aadhya, I am very much older than you and I know everything. I saw how you two look at each other. Don't think I don't know anything if you didn't tell me that you like him.

And you want to know something else? Even Varun felt there is something between you two. He told me that he wanted to talk to Arya about this. You know, he mentioned some 'guy' talk but I stopped him. I didn't want him to push you guys. You didn't even tell me so I know you didn't tell Arya either.

But just know that there is no right moment. You must make the moment right"

"OK, I get it." I don't want this conversation to continue with Arya beside me. "Can we talk about this later?"

"Sure, whenever you want. Take care. I love you."

"Sure, I love you too" I cut the call.

I don't know if he is able to listen to our conversation or not but as I cut the call and turned around to see him, I found a new expression on his face which I can't name.

"Sorry, we can watch it now."

"No problem Aadhya" he said and his voice sounded unsure. I stared at him, not understanding what he was thinking but he smiled at me and resumed the movie.

I brushed off my thoughts and continued to watch the movie.

I didn't realize that I slept until I woke up. I can't exactly name the feeling I got when I didn't find Arya sleeping beside me.