Chapter 19

A/N

Unedited 

Tylers P.O.V. 

It was Sunday. Isaac and I locked ourselves up the entire weekend in his bedroom and didn't even notice. It wasn't by choice, anytime I tried to leave his room, I felt the need to immediately go back and give him one last hug or kiss and the cycle repeated itself. Today I needed to go to the gym. And my dad wanted to talk to me on Friday but I have been ignoring everyone. Kate has texted me 10 times now, she probably feels like she messed up on our date, but I just don't have the patience to deal with it right now. 

I managed to leave Isaac's room with much reluctance and push from Isaac, I asked him to come, but he said that he still feels weak. He has been getting a lot better though, he is eating normally and sleeping well.

I walk to Gym A to find everyone there as usual, before I can rush away to Gym B, Ryan catches my eye and calls me over. 

"Hey guys," I say unenthusiastically, Ryan and Lia and doing lift training, and Dakota looks like he just finished cardio because he was covered in sweat and red. 

"I haven't seen you, where have you been?" Ryan asked. 

I really should have prepared for these questions, "Super busy with pack stuff with my dad" I answer. I don't know how to tell them I was with Isaac, they would get suspicious. 

"Really?" Lia asks. 

"Uh yeah, lots to do because of the Alpha ceremony." 

"That is weird, because I saw the Alpha this morning, and he asked if I had spoken to you," Lia says, a slight smirk forming on her face. 

Well, shit. Dakota saves me because I have no idea what to say, "Tyler, have you heard about this theory that Ryan and Lia have come up with?" I ponder, trying to recall but nothing comes to mind. I shrug in response. 

"Well they believe that Oli is Isaac's mate," He says with wide eyes. He sucks his teeth as he waits for a response. 

"Right, yeah, they told me about that," I say as nonchalantly as I can. Dakota squints in disbelief.

"Tyler, it's really packed in here, let's go to B" Dakota says as he pulls me away. I could hear Lia and Ryan murmur about how weird we are both being after we leave. 

Once we leave the gym, Dakota stops us. "Are you actually insane? If Oli finds out about this, you don't understand how mad he will be. You do know he is super homophobic right? Remember when he hit Ethan's mate for just existing? How do you think he will feel if people think he is mated to a guy?" I stare, not knowing what to say. Dakota made valid points, and no one hates the idea that Isaac, my Isaac would be mated to Oli more than me. But I don't know how to stop Ryan and Lia from talking about it. 

"What am I supposed to do? They are the ones who decided Oli was Isaac's mate. When they told me, I just didn't deny it." I admit, as I say the words, I grow more disappointed with myself. 

"I don't know, Isaac isn't even responding to my texts anymore. I can't believe what you're doing to him. I tried to convince him to break your bond, but he's too goddamn stubborn." Dakota says in frustration. 

A little part of me felt happy, that Isaac didn't want to break our bond, I accidentally let myself smile. Dakota's eyes widen and his hand connects to my cheek. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you, you do realize I am your Alpha right?" I say as I rub my face. 

"What the fuck is wrong with me? What the fuck is wrong with you? I tell you that if you don't break the bond with Isaac he is literally going to die and you sit there and smile? Fucking psychopath." He yells, perhaps a little too loud. 

"Dakota" I start, "Calm the fuck down" I yell in an equally loud manner. "I talked to Isaac on Thursday." Dakota raises his eyebrows and gestures for me to finish. "I accepted him, we have been together all weekend," 

I stand waiting for his response and I once again feel his hand on my cheek, the same one he slapped before to make it sting even more.

"Dakota, I swear to the fucking goddess-" I'm cut off as he hugs me. I am so confused and don't really like hugs or any contact that isn't Isaac. "Can you get off of me dude?" I ask. 

He pulls away and smiles, "Thank you, for doing that." He sounds genuinely pleased with me. "I had to slap you again though, for making him go through all of that in the first place" I couldn't argue, I deserved much more than just a slap for what I put Isaac through. 

"What are you gonna do? You already told people about that human and everyone knows Isaac's mate rejected him, like everyone in the pack." 

"I don't know" I have been trying to figure out how to break the news to everyone for a while. I don't know how my parents would react. Everything could change, If I couldn't produce an heir, I could lose my Alpha right. If I had to choose though, I would choose Isaac. "I am still trying to figure it all out, don't tell anyone yet" 

"Okay, I won't, but do it soon," 

"Hey, how do you think Oli is gonna react to everything, like you said he isn't exactly good with  like gay people." Dakota's breath hitches and he gets tense, I'm not sure why. "Do you think he'll still wanna be part of my council as the lead warrior?"

Dakota ponders on the question for a while, "I don't know, you have to ask him about it, and if he doesn't that's on him. You can find a replacement for Oli." Dakota seems really standoffish when talking about Oli, I sense he wants to change the topic. 

I let out a sigh, "Alright let's go do some cycling" I say with fake enthusiasm. 

A/N

I still hate Tyler for what he did, he needs to do way more for his redemption arc. 

Idk why I'm saying that as if I don't control it. 

ANYWAYS make sure you VOTE VOTE VOTE 

BYEEEE