Chapter 27

(A/N)

Unedited 

Tyler's P.O.V. 

"Tyler, wait," I hear a voice call out. 

Turning my head to spot Ethan's Mate. If memory served me right, his name was Alex. I had spoken to him a few times when he and Ethan had first mated. He was a human, and Ethan had sought both my father's and my blessing for Alex to become part of our pack. It was an unusual occurrence for two males to be mated, making it a first for our pack. Naturally, we had given our approval, just as we would if any wolf were to unite with a human, regardless of gender. However, we hadn't seen much of Alex lately, as he distanced himself from the pack house after a confrontation with Oli. Until Ethan and Alex, we didn't even know that Oli was homophobic, as it had never come up before.

"I'm sorry, Alpha," Alex uttered, his hand landing on his forehead as he cast his gaze downward. Alex was noticeably smaller compared to the rest of us, standing at a mere 5'5" and possessing a scrawny build.

Before I could respond, Isaac spoke up, flashing a warm smile. "Hi, Alex."

"Hey, guys. I just wanted to let you know that Ethan wants to talk to you, Tyler. He asked me to tell you if I saw you," Alex panted slightly, having exerted himself to catch up to us.

I nodded, offering a plain smile. Communicating with Alex felt challenging, especially considering the difficult situation he had gone through with Oli. We hadn't noticed his struggles, and when it came down to it, we hadn't offered support to Alex or Ethan. Ethan told us he was going to distance himself, and none of us had argued or considered cutting ties with Oli. The ramifications with the council would have been immense, given that Oli held the position of Lead Warrior. Regrettably, we had done nothing and allowed good people to isolate themselves from us. Being with Isaac only intensified my guilt, as our circumstances mirrored each other. I would never allow Oli to hurt Isaac, the way he hurt Alex. I should have been there for him, as his Alpha. My father's judgment of me rang true, despite what my mother had insisted—I was not fit to be the Alpha. "Oh, also I just wanted to see if everything was okay, with what happened with Oli." He asks. 

"I honestly don't know. It is really complicated right now because of how he is and us being mates," I say with little consideration with the idea that perhaps Alex doesn't know. I told Ethan but he may have not told his mate, I mean I would but he is probably a better person than me. Tyler shoots me a glare as well as I spoke.

Alex's face twists in confusion before realization, he points at us before speaking, "Wait are you two mates?" He asks. 

I sigh at my negligence before nodding. To my surprise I hear a very loud "I KNEW IT" 

Isaac's and my faces shoot up in confusion. How the hell would he know it?

Isaac speaks this time, "Excuse me, what the hell do you mean? Have people been talking?" 

Alex shakes his head vigorously, "No, no, I mean I haven't heard anything but I have known from the very minute I met you guys," He says sounding satisfied, "I told Ethan about it months ago actually." What the actual fuck. That's why when I told Ethan, he immediately knew that it my mate was Isaac. 

"How did you know, you can't exactly predict that sort of thing?" I ask. 

Alex laughs a little, "Hello? I was gay before I met Ethan. I have an excellent Gaydar."

What the fuck is a Gaydar? 

"And you guys have always been all over each other, always with each other, sleeping in the same room, eating together. You guys have practically been married for years. If it wasn't for Tyler," He facepalms again, "So sorry, the Alpha's womanizing skills, I would have thought you guys were gay."