Chapter 25

(A/N) 

Unedited 

Tyler's P.O.V. 

Isaac and I had planned out how we were gonna tell our friends for hours last night. We had figured that ripping the band-aid off was probably the best option, if our friends were angry with me it wouldn't change if we waited to tell them. I can't even be mad if they are. Reflecting on everything that happened since Isaac's birthday, I'm mad at myself. 

Isaac had always been the rational thinker out of us two. But when I found out he was my mate, the only rational voice in my vicinity was gone. I don't blame my dad for what he did because I deserved it, the only regret I have is that although he doesn't say it, Isaac thinks all of it is his fault. 

My relationship with my father had improved since I was a kid. My dad was terrified when he realized that he wasn't able to have another child. That I was his only heir and was the future of our pack. I lived and breathed for my dad's validation for most of my life. But no matter how much I did, I was always susceptible to criticism and comparisons. 

When I shifted for the first time on my thirteenth birthday, my dad made sure to let me know when it was his first time, he stood three inches taller. His coat was black, while mine was grey, a black coat was a sign of power in an Alpha wolf. Dakota's coat was black, so I would hear non-stop being compared to Dakota. When I broke my leg while training, I was told that I should have healed faster as an Alpha wolf.  

It isn't as if I would ever defend myself. I couldn't tell my dad that I was faster, stronger, and a better fighter than Dakota. Or that he healed slower than me when he sprained his ankle. My dad was unable to see any qualities that weren't negative so I never bothered defending myself. 

This morning, my mom told me to go to the Alpha suite before school. I told her I was going back to school and she has been worried sick that I wasn't ready. I told Isaac to head to school and that I would see him at lunch to talk to our friends. He, of course, worried relentlessly. He came up with a million scenarios of what would happen if I saw my dad since our fight before I got him to go. 

The Alpha suite was the biggest quarter in the pack house. I left my bedroom in the suite when I was sixteen. I had to leave to distance myself from my dad. When I started bringing girls back to my room in the suite, I wouldn't stop hearing "You need to stop fooling around and get serious about taking over the Alpha position,". My mom was always quick to my defense usually, but even she had issues with it so I requested to room in the warrior's wing, where all my friends lived. Ever since leaving, my relationship with my dad got a lot better because I didn't have to constantly hear his remarks about my character and physicality. 

My dad had a point most of the time, which is what I hated the most. I could train harder, be faster, and I needed to work on being more personable if people were going to listen to me as a leader. But I found myself instinctually rebelling to get back at my dad a little. My dad saw a lot less of these insurgencies after I left so he doesn't feel the need to take a jab at my ego whenever the opportunity presented itself. 

I walk to the Alpha suite, my hand sweating and my head spinning a little in nerves to see my father. I use my old key to enter. 

I had recovered almost completely since the fight. The cuts on my face were scars now and were fading, slower than I liked though. 

My mom was in the kitchen when she spotted me. She immediately drops everything and rushes to me as if I'm a lost child or something. She hugs me tightly. I look around to find my dad not here, thank the goddess. 

"Mom, I'm fine. Don't coddle me." I say sternly. 

She pouts slightly, her eyes flash with remorse as she examines my face for injuries. She sighs before speaking. "You're wounds are healing well, how is your breathing? Are you doing those breathing exercises?  Oh, and have you been taking those painkillers? I know that you Alpha wolves are too prideful and think you don't need them but you should be taking them. How does the wrist feel? Is it still strained? Have you been having issues sleeping? Why do you look like you haven't been sleeping? Have you been putting cream on this bruise, why is it yellow?" She asks pointing to my jaw, how am I supposed to answer a million questions if she doesn't let me get a word in?

I stare at her blankly before answering "Mom, please stop worrying, I am fine, trust me." I try to ensure her. Her eyebrows furrow because she doesn't believe me but moves on anyway. She walks back to the kitchen where she was making pancakes. I loved pancakes, I haven't eaten them since Isaac's birthday because I know the taste would remind me of that awful day. I walk behind her and sit on the chair next to the kitchen island. 

"I made your favorite," She says excitedly. 

She puts a few on the plate already sitting in front of me. "Is this why you told me to come, so you could feed me pancakes?" I ask in skepticism while I stuff my mouth. 

She looks at me before rolling her eyes. "Of course not, but if you ever want to come so I can make you pancakes you are welcome to." She says with a grin. Although my father had no issue with me moving out of the Alpha suite, my mom most definitely did. It took a lot of convincing before she allowed it. And she wouldn't stop trying to find ways to get me to return or visit. I always laughed at her attempts because we still lived under the same roof, but she spoke to me as if I was a thousand miles away.

My mother had an issue with infertility for three years before she got pregnant with me. I was told by others in the pack that the guilt of not producing an heir for her mate ate at her. When she finally did get pregnant, she considered it a miracle. Maybe it was because she wasn't able to get pregnant again. She was the opposite of my father in terms of affection. Always supportive no matter what. She threw comments back at her mate whenever he found fault with me. 

"I wanted to talk to you about Isaac," I smile, recalling the events from last night just by the sound of his name. "And your father" She finishes her sentence and my smile fades.

(A/N) 

HI EVERYONE. 

Yall are BRUTAL with Tyler. But I get it, it's hard to redeem yourself after all of that. I wanted to build up his character and explain why he is the way he is(DADDY ISSUES).

Anyways thank you to all the new readers! Make sure you guys are voting on every chapter as well! Leave comments, I love constructive criticism and to be honest I don't have a real set plan on how this story ends so I will listen to any suggestions. 

Okay, that's enough blabbering. VOTE LIKE RIGHT NOW. 

BYEEEE.