Chapter 15

Unedited 

Tyler's P.O.V.

"This place is really nice" Kate expresses and the waiter guides us to our seats. The restaurant was one of Isaac's favorite, Italian food. I couldn't get a reservation anywhere else last minute so I asked one of the pack members who works here to get me a table earlier today. I would just have to push out all the thoughts of Isaac and get through the evening. 

As we sit, I try to come up with things to talk about, I am not exactly good at conversations. Like small talk, I end up just being offensive without meaning to. I'm only really able to talk to Isaac, like actually talk to, you know? 

"So tell me about yourself, whenever we see each other we don't do a lot of..." I pause trying to find a way to make this conversation any less awkward "talking". 

She looks down and her face turns a little red. She really is beautiful, she had a glow to her that made it hard to stop staring at her, especially now. She wore makeup, not much, just mascara and maybe something on her lips. I thought that maybe it wouldn't be hard to fall in love with her, but who am I kidding, she would never be Isaac. She would never have his freckles or the flush red skin when she laughed. 

She smiled before speaking, when she did her top teeth would show, "Well, there isn't much to tell, I'm a junior, and my favorite color is green," She looks off to the distance trying to think of other things to say, "Oh I work at Auntie Annes in the mall."

I raise my eyebrows, "Auntie Annes?" I say with skepticism in my tone. She nods and had a downturned smile on her face. "I just can't imagine you rolling pretzels, I don't know why," I say, immediately regretting it because she may take it the wrong way, but she lets out a laugh. 

We sit in silence for a while, "Give me a fun fact, something no one would expect from you" I ask. 

She thinks for a while, "I used to do beauty pageants"

"Really?" 

"Yeah, until like last year, I did Miss Teen USA" 

"Why did you stop, did you have a passion to make pretzels?" Shit, was that rude? I can't really tell anymore. 

She laughs, "Uh no, my Nan," she pauses and looks down, "She got really sick last year, she used to sponsor all of my pageants, but now, well you know" 

"Is that why you work at Auntie Annes?" 

She stares at me for a second, was that insensitive? "Uh yeah, we were living off of her retirement, but now it's paying for her medication and doctor's visits. I just took the first job that would hire me." 

I immediately felt a great sense of guilt. This girl wasn't some spoiled tramp as I had suspected. She was in a really shitty situation with her family and worked hard to take care of her grandma, I felt awful for manipulating her. I questioned if it was worth it, if all of this, losing my friends, losing Isaac, just to become Alpha. 

"Uhm Tyler?" I get snapped out of my daze. 

"Sorry, what was that?" I ask. 

"I was just asking what your family is like?"

"Right, I'm an only child, I live in a house with my parents." 

She stares in disbelief before laughing. "Very descriptive," She says. 

"It's kind of hard to describe, it's all pretty boring actually, tell me more about you," 

~

"I had fun and the food was really good," She says and I drop her off at her doorstep. 

"I'm glad," I say, I had gotten really bored during dinner. Kate was fine, she seemed like a really nice person, but she just isn't interesting, she doesn't make me laugh, or understand any of the inside jokes that I have with Isaac, I mean why would she? 

I can tell she is waiting for me to kiss her, but I just can't, my chest hurts so much tonight and I needed to get home. I say bye and drive home. Dakota suggested breaking the bond, if I did, it would save Isaac of everything, but that would make everything true, I wouldn't ever get to be with my mate, the idea of that is scary. Even though I made that decision when I rejected Isaac, if I broke our bond, everything would be official. 

Everything is so confusing because I want it to be official,  but my wolf cries at the idea of never being with his mate. He would despise me for the rest of my life. How long could I keep this up? My parents would have to meet her and they would know that she isn't my mate immediately. I don't even know how to mate someone who isn't your mate. 

As soon as I entered the pack house, I could smell Isaac everywhere. His smell was stronger than usual. I tried to resist going to his room but I just couldn't. I regretted every step I took toward it, but my curiosity beat me. 

I reach the door, but I don't knock, I just stand there. I sense him, I feel his pain through the wood, I want to open it, hold him, make the pain I caused go away, but I don't have the guts.

I sit, my back against his door, feeling calmer every second I breathe in his addicting scent. Musk, wood, and white flowers, it was like ecstasy. 

"Tyler?" I hear a broken voice through the door, I had been sitting here for at least thirty minutes. I was startled but comforted at the same time, Isaac's voice was the only thing that could do that to me. 

"Isaac." I say in a bare whisper, leaning my head back, aching to get as close as I could to him with this door separating us. 

He audibly sighed after hearing my voice. "I miss you" he chokes out in between taking harsh breaths. 

I bite my lip and try to hold back tears, "I miss you too" I say before getting up and walking to my room.  I couldn't be here any longer, I would do something I would regret. 

As I walk away, his door opens. I turn around to find him disheveled and tired. "Tyler, please" He begs. 

I stand there, contemplating the consequences of my actions. I can't hold it in anymore. I have to let myself fall apart. 

Within a second, I attack Isaac's lips. 

(A/N)

AHHHHHH

VOTE RIGHT NOW, LIKE RIGHT NOW.