Night patrol story

"Rats, it's time to harvest!!!"

The Rat God of Myouren Temple

---

All people...no, men of the village have to do a patrol duty at night. Well, now I just volunteering myself to do it this time since I don't want to do it on the weekend. To be honest, I wish I can go to Geidontei but it can't be helped since the job called.

"Well Mr.(L/n), guess we separated here. Take care on your duty." said Mr. Geto and leave on the other way.

Some people rather patrolling with duo but since there's no incident yet, we can rest assured. Well, why must afraid if you have the incident solvers that protected by the most thickets plot armor ever? But they will not solved it and sometimes the support characters also helped them even though they feels like they doing it while in shadow or making it as if it was a little trouble.

'Thud...'

When I'm about to pass the crossroad. I bumped with someone. It staggered me a bit but being fine in a second. When I see who was bump with me, I see the floating transparent white cloud-like and white haired with black bow and green. Oh, it's Youmu.

"Sorry, Ms. Konpaku. I don't know you was passing this way." I said it and give her my hand.

"N-no, it's fine Mr.Odd job." said Youmu and take my hand to help her get up.

After that, she wiped her skirt from dirt then stare at me.

"Well, what are you doing at this night Ms. Konpaku? Aren't you supposed to sleep at this hour?" I asked her.

"Actually, I take some time off and well, I wish to visit Geidontei tonight and unfortunately it's under maintenance." she said it with a disappointment in her tone.

Well, it can be told that her disappointment also expressed from her phantom half too. I can tell it when it slightly fell down and the tip looks like it's gonna limp.

"I don't know if there's another thing that can be visited at this hour. Do you know any place?" I asked her.

"Well, we have another food cart that run by a night sparrow youkai. Ever heard of Mystia's?" she asked me.

To be honest, I don't know if an outsider like me will be trap in by a night sparrow song if I visited her right now. But since I have Youmu accompanied me, I think my survival percentage went up well, hopefully.

"This is the first time I hear it." I lied to her.

"Really? Then shall I show you where it is?" she asked me.

Hmph...well, I recheck the phone and saw that the time and I think some hours later will be my off duty. But what's wrong doing it while you can also exploring some part of the place? I can see Youmu also have her attention at my phone and when she saw the clock part, she just nodded as if she know what is the function.

"So that's phone Mr.Kourin talking about." she quipped.

"True, but this one is more advanced. I guessed the phone you know still has cable and handle, right?"

"Yeah...you're right. Anyway, shall we go then?"

"Well then, please lead the way Ms. Konpaku." I told her gently and following right behind her.

I hope, there's nothing like a bad omen will happen soon. But I can't helped and feeling something about to happen. Well, it's right on that corner...but..feels like a...

"BOOOOO!!!!!"

"......"

Out of nowhere, some youkai just jumped at us. But out of reflect, I quickly take out the slipper and just throw it at the youkai. And miraculously it hit the head.

"Ouch!!" it yelped then hold it head.

When I look at it closely, turned out it was the Karakasa obake, Kogasa Tatara, doing her own spooky attacks and well upgrade it with a mask that resembling some kind of demon.

"The hell? Please don't surprised me like that Ms.Tatara." I told her.

Yup, she got her own medicine now rubbing her head to ease the pain.

"At least get surprised, will you!!"

"Nice try but I have walked the hell on nightmare mode so that doesn't work on me."

"What does that supposed mean?"

"Trust me...you don't want to know."

Of course it's a lie. Well, that's one is one of challenging things I ever did before transversed here. But that was just a hardcore video game so that can't be compared with Reimu's feats.

"Ugh..at least I scared someone." she said.

"Huh?"

When she mean someone, then that's mean Youmu? Slowly take a look at her and...

"...."

Yup, Youmu Konpaku fainted while still standing. Looks like the part about her that scared of ghost is true as long as it's not evil ghost. Now, let's take care this situation.

"Well Ms.Tatara, looks like you have to take care of her." I told Kogasa.

"Huh? Why should I do that?"

Want to flee and leave it to me I see...

"Let's just say, you don't want to get hunted by an angry shrine maiden and a gardener, would you?" I told that to pressure her.

I can see that she start to shivering by imagine it. That's the cute side of her.

"Oh...by any chance, are you two dating?"

"Not at all, we're about to visit Mystia's actually. Anyway, let's take care of Ms.Konpaku here first."

Well, so much fo tonight. I have to carry Youmu and we choose to drop on Ms.Keine and I'm glad that this night is not full moon. Kogasa have to get scolded by Ms.Keine from her prank and I can only watching.

---

New day, new activities or so I hope. When I'm about to get a proper meal, I see Tenshi holding a newspaper.

"Heh..so you're on night patrol. Not secretly dating?"

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

Then she show me the newspaper and guess what. It's written 'The Odd Job's Secret Affair'. Aya secretly took a shot at us. This...is to much...

"Goddammit Aya!!"

Slowly I take a deep breath and let it out slowly then look at Tenshi with my face trying to be calm as I can.

"Tenshi, it's not like that."

Tenshi only looked at me with her smug face. Darn, she's hard to convinced. I don't know about Youmu thought but I have feeling that her lady will be teasing her.

---

Meanwhile at Hakugyokuro

"I told you Lady Yuyuko it's not what it seem!"

"Ara, don't be shy Youmu. Next time you have to invite him to come here."

"*sigh...You didn't listen at all."