Meeting People

*Outsider/Corvo's Spirit*
*Whispering*
[Thinking]

It was arrival day at Beacon, and (Y/N) was on his way to talk to Ozpin; he had already settled into a temporary room because he had nowhere else to go. (Y/N) was still studying the advancements of this world called "Remnant," he was pretty impressed with it, even though he threw his scroll at a wall in rage and confusion as he tried to see how it worked. But right now, he was standing in the elevator going to Ozpin's office because Ozpin asked to talk to him. Elevators were one of the things that weren't new to him, but the elevators here were a bit quicker and steadier than the ones back home. As (Y/N) was stuck in his thoughts, he heard the "ding" of the elevator and looked up; Ozpin was sitting at his desk drinking coffee when he looked up and saw (Y/N).

Ozpin: Ah, hello, Mr. Kaldwin.

(Y/N): Please, Professor, call me (Y/N). People have called me Mr and Sir too many times. (He muttered)

Ozpin: What was that?

(Y/N): Oh, don't worry about it, it's nothing. Why did you ask to speak with me?

Ozpin: First, I realized I never asked how old you were; you see, here at Beacon, you must be at least 16 years old; Ms. Rose was a special case.

(Y/N): I see; I'm sixteen; I guess I'm the perfect age.

Ozpin: Yes, it appears you are. Now second, here at Beacon, you need to go through an initiation before you're allowed to attend here; the initiation will start tomorrow; I suggest you familiarize yourself with the building and try to make a few friends for now.

(Y/N): Ok Professor, thanks for informing me.

Ozpin: You're welcome; you're dismissed.

(Y/N) got up and walked towards the elevator, but right before (Y/N) pressed the button for the bottom floor Ozpin said one last thing.

Ozpin: Oh and (Y/N).

(Y/N): Hm?

Ozpin: Please, just call me Ozpin

(Y/N): (chuckles) Alright, Ozpin. (He then pushes the button for the bottom floor)

(Transition)

(Y/N) watches from a window inside the building as the bullhead holding the potential students lands in front of the academy. As soon as the bullhead lands and the doors open, somebody with blond hair runs out towards the nearest trash can, hunching over it as he spews his entire lunch into it. (Y/N) decides to go down there and find a decent person to talk to.

(Transition)

Ruby and Yang, alongside several other students, walk out of the ship and head down the paved path to the front of the school.

Ruby/Yang: Wow

Yang: The view from Vale's got nothing on this!

Ruby: Ohmygosh, sis! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword! (She tries getting closer, but Yang pulls her sister by the back by her hood) Ow! Ooww!

Yang: Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!

Ruby: 'Just weapons'? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

Ruby: (Transforming her weapon into its scythe form) Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better...

Yang: (Pulling Ruby's hood over her face) Ruby, come on, why don't you try to make some friends of your own?

Ruby: But... why would I need friends if I have you?