Partners

*Outside/Corvo's spirit*

*Whispering/Reading*

[Thinking}

(Y/N) wakes up from his sleep thinking about the vision he just had as he gets ready for his first day at Beacon until the Beacon speakers turn on, and Ozpin starts talking.

Ozpin: Hello, Beacon students. Your first day will be extended to tomorrow due to one student who wasn't able to make it here yesterday; he will go through his own initiation. I will set it up so the school can watch it. Mr. Kaldwin, please come up to my office.

The school speakers turn off, and (Y/N) walks through the halls to the elevator while questioning why he is needed. He rides the elevator up to Ozpins office and walks up to him. He sees someone talking to Ozpin and assumes it's the new student.

(Y/N): Hey Ozpin.

The boy turns around, hearing (Y/N)'s voice, and (Y/N) gets a clear view of him.

(Y/N): Hey there, I'm (Y/N).

???: So, you're my new partner? I'm Adachi Ikuzo; nice to meet you.

(Y/N): Wait, new partner? Oz, what's going on?

Ozpin: Sorry, but Mr. Ikuzo was supposed to be here yesterday but-

Adachi: But I missed the bullhead; it's kinda stupid.

(Y/N): Ok, so he's my partner, and you're going to put him through initiation; I get it, but why is the school going to be watching him?

Ozpin: I saw this as the perfect opportunity to test a new Atlas training technology, and if the tech works, I will put some in Beacon's training room for students to practice with it.

Adachi: Yeah, you still need to tell me what I'm gonna be doing.

Ozpin: I have asked General Ironwood to make a few custom objectives for it; you will be acting in those trying to complete your objective; there will be three different objectives, with each one getting harder than the last; I want you to use all of your skills to complete it.

(Y/N): But what exactly is it?

Ozpin: It's a simulation program created in joint by multiple of Atlas's best scientists.

Adachi: Ok, when do I start?

Ozpin: Whenever you're ready, but it has to be today.

(Y/N): Obviously, Adachi, come with me, you need to get ready, and I want to talk to you.

Adachi: Sure.

(Y/N) and Adachi walk into the elevator and descend to the first floor so Adachi can get his gear, (Y/N) decides to start a conversation while they walk down the hall.

(Y/N): So, where do you come from?

Adachi: I was born in a clan of warriors called the Aragami, but a rival clan attacked us called the Kaiho. My semblance is a hereditary one that we always called "Shadow Essence."