The Protectors Put On A Show

*Whispering*

*Outsider/Corvo's spirit*

[Thinking]

(Y/N) rubs his eyes as he feels something on his shoulder; once he opens his eyes, he sees Adachi slightly shaking him, telling him it's time to get up.

Adachi: Hey, get up; we need to go to classes; we can't be late on the first day.

(Y/N): *Yawn* Alright, alright, I'm up.

Adachi: Good, now get ready; I left some warm water for you.

(Y/N) grabs his Beacon uniform and goes into the bathroom to take a shower. Adachi is sitting in a chair on his scroll when he hears something coming from the bathroom.

(Y/N): *Muffled* What do you do with a drunken whaler. What do you do with a drunken whaler. What do you do with a drunken whaler early in the morning.

The water stops, and a minute later, (Y/N) walks out in his Beacon uniform.

(Y/N): Alright, I'm ready.

Adachi: What was that song?

(Y/N): Huh? Oh, that, it was called Drunken Whaler, it was a local song from where I was born.

Adachi: Well, it sounds nic-

Speaker: Will Mr. Kaldwin and Ikuzo come to my office, please?

(Y/N): What is it this time? Let's go.

Adachi: Alright.

(Y/N) and Adachi walk out of the room and head toward the elevator. As they walk past RWBY's dorm, they hear a whistle blowing and something falling to the ground; they just ignore it and keep going to the elevator. Once they ascend to Ozpin's office (Y/N) asks the question that has been on his mind the whole walk.

(Y/N): How many times are you going to call me up here, Ozpin? Why do you need us?

Ozpin: I assigned you as Beacons protector during initiation day, but now you have a partner. Your team situation is still unique though, and the display Mr. Ikuzo has put on in the simulation yesterday has given me my final decision. The two of you will be Beacon's protectors together. That way, it will all work out well.

The bell rings, which gives (Y/N) and Adachi their queue to leave.

Ozpin: Have a good day, you two; I know you will be helpful to the school.

(Y/N): Thanks Ozpin; come on Adachi, let's go.

Adachi: Alright, I'm coming, and uh, thanks, Prof.

The two walk into the elevator and start descending toward the ground floor.

Adachi: This is exciting; I'm kinda nervous about it.

(Y/N): There's a reason why he picked us.

Adachi: What do you mean?

(Y/N): Think about it; he knows that my skills are best suited for an assassin; assassins kill other humans; the simulation he put you through had you dealing with a human enemy, an enemy that fills you with rage, that anger would cloud most people's minds and they wouldn't attack with precision, they wouldn't think before they strike, but you did perfectly. The reason he chose us to be Beacon's protectors isn't because we have a unique team. It's because we know how to deal with human enemies; he knows that if anyone attacks this place, we can probably deal with them, that's why we were chosen.

When he finished talking, Adachi realized he was right. The elevator doors opened, and they walked towards their first class, Prof. Port's Grimm anatomy class. When they stepped in, Port asked them why they were late.