13. Fury, Pain and Respect

Dedicated to @princesscuteD for being an awesome follower!! Thanks! Please read the text at the end! I btw included some Tyler-drama upon request. ;)

                                         Chapter 13

Klaus stood at the Salvatore Mansion, standing by Bonnie. To his surprise it wasn’t only Bonnie who had shown up, but Tyler, Elena and even Caroline’s mother. Granted, many people cared about her. Who wouldn’t, after seeing the glorious light inside her?

The local witch was setting up all the necessary equipment for the spell she was going to make, picking up a knife Stefan had given her while spreading a map over the table.

“Okay, so can you just refresh my memory and explain how this works?” Klaus asked impatiently, wanting to find Caroline quickly.

“I’m going to use a tracking spell like I used to find Elena once. Using some of the blood from Sheriff Forbes, I’ll make the blood show us where Caroline is on the map. Since they’re closely related, the connection will be strong,” Bonnie explained. Turning to the mother, she asked, “Are you ready?”

Caroline’s mother seemed to have tears in her eyes, but suppressed them bravely. She was a strong woman, who realized that her panic wouldn’t help the situation. Nodding, she replied, “Yes.”

Offering her hand, Bonnie took it and cut a gash in her palm with the knife. The woman flinched slightly, but watched as Bonnie performed her spell. The blood droops slowly moved, until they stopped at an area just outside Mystic Falls in the forest.

“That’s where she is,” Bonnie stated, pointing at the place the blood had stopped at.

“Fantastic,” Klaus grinned. “Bye now!”

He was just leaving the room when Tyler stepped forward. “Not without us you aren’t.”

“Yeah, you can need all the help you can get,” Damon interjected.

“We have no idea who these people are, or how many they are,” Stefan agreed, as always rational.

“We’re in this together,” Elena said mournfully.

“Fine, you can all come,” he shrugged at Stefan, Elena and Damon. “Except you,” he added, pointing at Tyler with hard eyes.

“Why the hell not?” Tyler asked angrily.

In a second Klaus stood in front of him. Tyler’s eyes widened in surprise, but to his credit he didn’t take a step back.

“Because you were the one who were supposed to protect her! She went to school to continue her happy life with you, and you let her get taken away!” Klaus snarled in his face.

Even though he knew that it wasn’t entirely Tyler’s fault, he couldn’t contain his loathing. Caroline had rejected him, for this little puppy who couldn’t even defend her. He didn’t deserve her.   

“IT’S BECAUSE OF YOU SHE’S IN THIS MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE!” Tyler shouted furiously, pushing Klaus back.

That was a mistake.

All expressions were immediately wiped off Klaus’ face. The whole room turned red as rage spread through his body.

The next moment Tyler was choking against the wall with Klaus’ hand around his neck. Tyler desperately tried to rip his hand away while trying to kick him with his legs, but Klaus was much stronger than him.

“We’re only wasting time! Caroline is being tortured while you guys are fighting over nothing!”

Bonnie’s voice somehow managed to penetrate the haze surrounding him, and he let Tyler go with disgust. He fell to the floor coughing as air finally filled his lungs again.