1. Reunion

Chapter 1

Caroline ran through the forest as fast as she could, the trees passing around her in a blur. Tears streamed down her face, and whenever they slowed she thought of another reason to cry, which renewed the flow.

Elena had died. Luckily, Stefan had called and told her that that doctor, Meredith, had given her vampire blood earlier. So at least she was alive. Many others, however, weren’t.

A picture of Alaric flashed in Caroline’s mind. Even though he had tortured her the last time she had seen him, she knew that that wasn’t the real Ric. No, Ric was the man who had been her history teacher for such long time, who had helped them in whatever trouble they had found themselves in.

And Klaus… she sobbed uncontrollably when she thought of his death. She thought of their bickering, their dances, that night at the ball…

No! That wasn’t the reason she was sad. It was because of Tyler. Tyler was the man she loved, or had loved. She remembered his pain when he was dying, how he had urged her away, telling her about the beautiful life ahead of her.

It was because of this that she was sprinting through the forest toward the underground cave where she had last seen him. Klaus has said that Caroline, Stefan and Damon were of his bloodline, but they all felt fine. Maybe Tyler was okay, too? Or maybe Klaus was still alive…?

She quickly dismissed the happy thought that was blooming in her mind. She didn’t care about Klaus. He was the enemy! He had tortured all of her friends and killed countless people including Jenna.

Finally having reached the stairs leading down to the place werewolves chained themselves up, Caroline slowed. It was deathly hushed, and nothing stirred inside.

She took a deep breath and braced herself for the possibility that Tyler’s dead body was lying there. Then she walked down.

She was deep in when she heard a gasp behind her. Whirling around, she saw Tyler behind her. Joy bubbled up in her, and she threw herself at him. His lips hungrily found hers, his arms clutching her tightly.

“You’re alive!” Caroline exclaimed between kisses. Maybe this meant that Klaus was alive as well? An even stronger wave of joy swept through her.

“Yes. I couldn’t leave this life without having experienced the joy inside me right now,” he murmured, while looking at her with smoldering love.

Caroline paused. She recognized that burning look, but it wasn’t Tyler’s eyes that had glowed that way. She realized that this kiss had been different from the ones she usually shared with Tyler. It was darker, more mature and definitely more passionate.

 “Tyler?” she asked slowly, backing away from the man in front of her.

“What’s wrong, love?”

And it was that one word, “love”, that confirmed her suspicions.

“Klaus,” she gasped. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first chapter of my first fan-fiction! What do you guys think? Is there anything you would like me to include in future chapters? Please write!