5. Panic attack

Chapter 5

The first thing she thought about when she woke up was the kiss.

Which was completely stupid and senseless of course. She could think about Elena being a new-born vampire, or Alaric being dead, or Tyler’s body being possessed. But despite reason the first thing that infuriatingly popped up in her mind was the kiss that she had shared with Klaus the day before. Or, to be correct, kisses.

Even though he wasn’t in his own body, it was still so obvious that it was him in Tyler’s body. He was so much more polished, so much more interesting in a way. And even though she hated to admit it, he was by far more charming.

Hearing the bell of her house chime, she woke up from her trance. Running to the door with only a tank and some sweatpants on, she saw Klaus in Tyler’s body on the other side of the glass door. She immediately regretted not putting some clothe on, but forced herself to go and open the door.

“What do you want?” she asked. Her face flushed as she remembered their kiss, but she hoped that he didn’t notice.

“It’s me, Caroline!” he said in an excited voice. “I’m back!”

It took a while for her to understand what he meant, but when she did, a smile spread across her face. “Tyler?”

When he nodded, she squealed and threw her arms around him. His arms tightened around her, and she clung to him. But then I thought entered her head.

“Wait, if you’re back, where´s Klaus?” she asked slowly, taking a step back.

“I don’t know. Who cares? Maybe he’s finally dead?” Tyler grinned.

Klaus, dead? Her mind quickly tried to remove that painful thought, but it had rapidly invaded her mind. Klaus couldn’t be dead. He was an original, and the first hybrid. He couldn’t be gone, could he?

“Where are you going?” Tyler called as Caroline walked away from him and got into her car.

“I just have to check something,” she muttered before driving away.

Her heart was beating wildly in her chest, and blood roared in her ears. Her breathing turned erratic as she imagined Klaus lying dead on the floor. It couldn’t be. Not after yesterday night. She had felt a connection with him that she had never felt with anyone before. Somehow, it was only with hurt that she could imagine a life without him.

She sped through the streets, ignoring the red lights and complaints she received from other people. Once she arrived at the house the original vampires usually stayed in, she stopped the car with the tires squealing.

Caroline got out and ran to the door. Not bothering to knock, she stormed in.

“Klaus?!” she shouted, scanning the room desperately. It was empty. She went to the next one, but the same applied there.

“What’s wrong, lov―” she heard an unmistakably British voice say behind her. She didn’t let Klaus finish though, flinging herself at him.

“Whoa, whoa, love! Easy now!” he exclaimed in surprise, but despite his words his arms wound around her waist, keeping her to him.

The next moment Caroline ripped herself out of his arms, glaring at him angrily. She started pacing around the room.

“You can’t just do that! You can’t just disappear from someone’s body without telling anyone! How was I supposed to know that you weren’t gone for good? How was I―”

“Wait, you were worried about me?” Klaus interrupted her, a smirk spreading across his face, his eyes glittering. She wanted to punch his smile away. She was furious at him for making her worry so much, but mostly, she was furious at herself for actually caring.

“Jerk!” she yelled instead of answering. “Stupid moro―”

Klaus pushed her against the wall she was stalking by, silencing her effectively. She looked up at his face, which was now his own. She had to admit that she liked him much more in his own body. He was so much…hotter.

That was all she had time to think before Klaus crushed his lips against hers. Caroline’s mouth opened under his as she wrapped her arms around his neck. All rational thought fled her brain as she kissed him, her body taking over. The room suddenly felt very hot, and she felt a bit dizzy. Klaus hungrily trailed kisses down her jaw and down to her neck, his stubble scratching her skin. It didn’t take long though until Caroline impatiently brought them back to her lips again.

They were kissing passionately, his whole body pressing her up against the wall, when they heard a voice behind them.

“Well, isn’t this touching.”

Their heads both whipped around to face the newcomer, but Klaus refused to let go when Caroline tried to push him away.

“Come to spoil the fun, Rebekah?” he grinned, his voice husky. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again! Sorry for the long delay, but I've been travelling and when the new season started to air I felt a bit less inspired to write this story. If you still want me to continue, please say! And please comment/vote if you like it! :)

P.S. Not my video at the end there, but I love it! Be sure to check it out as well as the creator's other videos!