𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘦#3。

"𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚝 𝚞𝚙?

𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝"

Wednesday slowly awakened, only to be met with a stranger standing above her. "Welcome back" Althea scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Jesus  Christ Thorpe, sit down. You're acting like a creep." Xavier mumbled a sorry and moved out of the way as Althea walked closer to the ravenette. Wednesday sat up promptly, Althea opened her mouth to say something but was soon cut off by Xavier. "Take it easy. Nurse said you don't have a concussion, but you probably had a nasty bump"

" The last thing I remember I was walking outside feeling a mixture of rage, pity and self-disgust, I've never felt that way before"

"Losing to bianca has that effect on people I think."
Althea's eyes widened at this. "You sparred with Bianca? Was this why you were in the infirmary in the 1st place? Are you ok? Did she do an-"

"I'm fine Althea, I've handled worse. You know me." Wednesday said, her eyes softening as the brunette looked at her's with her hazel eyes. God she could get lost in them forever. They had a certain shine to them, a shine that practically said 'there's more to me than you think'.
Their moment was cut off by a jealous? Xavier. Althea narrowed her eyes at him.

"Then I looked up and saw that gargoyle coming down and I thought, At least I'll have an imaginative death."
The mention of death made Althea look at Wednesday, her eyes burning with envy. "You're not dying so easily Wednesday, not unless I'm coming with you." Althea and her fascination towards death only urged Wednesday to investigate deeper into the tall brunette. Wednesday snapped herself out of her daze and continued. "Then you tackled me out of the way. Why?"

Xavier clicked his tongue and replied. "Call it instinct"
Xaviers eyes traveled from Wednesday to Althea. Her gaze hardening. Watching them was almost like watching two lions circling each other. And their prize? Being Wednesday's mate.

"So you were guided by latent Chivalry, the tool of the patriarchy, to extract my undying gratitude" Althea chuckled. "Hah, Good luck. I've been trying to do that for years." Xavier ignored her, as if he and Wednesday were the only two in the room. "Mm-hmm. Y'know, most people usually just say thank you."

"I didn't want to be rescued"

"So I shoulda just let that thing smash you to mush? While Athen was busy making goo-goo eyes at you?" Althea scoffed, how practical. In every happiness she found with a girl, of course Xavier would be there to try to take it away, they didn't have anything against each other, they must've just had the same type.

"Althea looked at the scene like that because of death. And if it wasn't obvious to your misogynistic brain, she's quite fond of it. I would have rather saved myself." Wednesday remarked, coming quick to her beloved friend's defense. Xavier scoffed "Good to see you haven't change, you too Althea." A curios and confused look took place on the girls' features.