𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘦#8。𝘌𝘗3 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘳 𝘞𝘰𝘦

"𝖘𝖆𝚠 𝚠𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖌𝖔𝖙 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖍𝖎𝖉 𝖇𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖚𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘 𝚔𝖊𝖊𝖕 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌

𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖚𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘 𝚔𝖊𝖊𝖕 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌

𝖎'𝖒 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖎𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖔𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖘."

Althea sat beside Enid, watching Wednesday walk over to them with her familiar glare. "We're all set." Enid whispered, standing up. "Good. Thing's in position."

"Wanna tell me what you three were up to?" Althea shook her head no. It was best if no one else knew what they were up to. "I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise pup."

"Speaking of surprised, your guys' costumes are in the tent."

"Costume?" Wednesdy and Althea spoke simultaneously, looking at each other in discomfort and nervousness.

The ravenette and the brunette walked out of the tent together, a skintight cat costume adorned their bodies. "This feels kinky." Althea gulped. "OMG, you look purr-fect! Only thing, where are you guys' whiskers?"

"Ask again and you'll be down to 8 lives." Enid merely smiled back, getting used to Wednesday and her threats.. sort of.

The band played their music as everyone sat in their canoes, all ready to do whatever it takes to win the competition. Althea wasn't seen anywhere on the boat. Another member of the Black Cats recovered quickly and rejoined the fight. But that doesn't mean that Althea was out."What do we have here? The runt of the litter."

"For the record, I don't believe that I'm better than everyone else. Just that I'm better than you."

"I can't think of one instance where you are."

"You've admitted it yourself Barclay, you'll always be 2nd to me when it comes to Althea." The smirk that Xavier wore soon dropped at the mention of Althea. "I want to welcome you all to the Edgar Allan Poe Cup. This is one of Nevermore's proudest annual traditions, dating back 125 years. Each team must row across to Raven Island, pull a flag from crackstone's Crypt, and hustle back without sinking or being sunk. First team to cross the finish line with their flag wins the cup and bragging rights for a year, as well as some special privileges. Let the Poe Cup begin!" With that, Weems shot her pistol to the sky as the teams sped off into the water.

Althea who was hiding in a bush, watched Kent jump into the water and push teams into their doom, breaking their canoes. The brunette stood hidden, calculating that they weren't in trouble yet. Althea giddily jumped as she watched the jokers sink, and as the black cats rowed past them.

She watched a recovered Kent make his way to Enid and Wednesday. It was her time to shine. "Okay Thea, Wednesday's made you swim with sharks before, you've faced much worse than this. If you're lucky, you'll drown" She mummbled, diving into the murky waters.