chapter nine

PAST

PAST

The last class was dragging for far too long. I constantly checked the clock and each time i would get more frustrated.

Obnoxious chewing was heard next to me, loud scrabbling on paper, yawning, giggling, and on and on. I just wanted to get out of class.

Today me and Ash decided to go to the cinema. I told mom that i was meeting with some classmates and that one of them had a birthday party and was taking us to the movies.

I felt horrible for lying to her but i know she wouldn't have allowed if i told her about Ash.

So i had to lie. Mine and his friendship was kept strictly a secret. We were meeting up at the backyard, sometimes at the barn, after school outside. Just somewhere where no one could see us.

The door bell ring brought me back to reality and i quickly picked up my book and threw them in my backpack.

I pushed between the students in the busy hallway and finally made it to the gates.

The cold November air hit my skin and i adjusted my jacket. I looked around and spotted Ash. His beautiful eyes were roaming around searching for me. He looked like a lost puppy.

A smile formed on my lips and i ran to him. When he noticed me his lips turned upwards and his eyes widened.

"Hey, Ash." I stood in front of him and tilted my head to look at him. Even though he was just fifteen, he was way taller than my male classmates.

"Hey, Isla." His adorable face blushed and he cleared his throat. He was dressed in black pants he had a big warm jacket on and a beanie hat.

A cold wind blew around us. "Let's go it's cold." I said and we started to make our way to the cinema.

We walked side by side not too close but not too far as well. I told him about my day at school. About my math exam and my other classes i had.

I told him about a fight that happened between a student who's well known, Tony and another student who tried to hit him with his bag.

There was always fights that happened, a lot of drama as well. One of the teachers was caught having an affair with another teacher. They were apparently kissing in bathrooms or whatever. Or at least that's the version i heard.

"And yes i saw them ones checking out each other but i didn't know they were actually having an affair." I was explaining while we were walking down the street, we had few more minutes until we arrive.