chapter nineteen

PRESENT

PRESENT

"Angel!" I jumped at the voice and placed a hand over my heart.

I turned around and I was greeted by Ash's smile. He was standing behind me, his hands in the pockets of his slacks. His hair was combed back. The black slacks hugged his legs and the black t-shirt stretched over his torso and biceps.

Like always he looked amazing.

Me on the other hand. I was probably dirty from making sweets the whole day and my hair was definitely a mess.

We were just closing and I'm surprised to see him here. He didn't call me that he'll be visiting.

He usually does.

He stepped closer to me, wrapping his hands around my shoulders, he brought me closer to him.

His perfume that I loved so much filled my lungs and I relaxed. I needed this. Like always he was careful not to hug me too tight. He placed a kiss on my forehead and caressed my growing stomach which was covered with the apron.

"I'm all sweaty," I said after he kissed me.

"And? Do you think I care?" He pulled away cupping my face.

I shrugged my shoulders and closed my eyes. I was tired. Today I have been working in the kitchen the whole day. We had another special order and it was for a birthday this time.

Because I love creating, I made sure to decorate the cake to perfection. Both me and Breana messed up the frosting the first time and then we had to do it all over again which was stressful because we had to finish the cake as soon as possible.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, still not letting go of my face.

I sure was hungry. I haven't eaten at all today. Just lunch and I was hurrying because of the order. Breana didn't know because if she did she probably wouldn't have let me work at all.

And I wasn't going to say that to Ash because I know he's gonna make a big deal out of it.

I knew it was bad but I always get carried with work and I sometimes forget to eat. It was a bad habit that I had to get rid of.

"Yes. I'm hungry." I whispered and he nodded placing another kiss on my forehead.

"Go freshen up. We'll go out to eat, okay?" I said a quiet okay and went to the main space where Breana and AJ were closing.