chapter twelve

PRESENT

PRESENT

"I'll do it honey." Breana tried to take away the spatula from my hand.

"It's fine. I can do it myself, it's not that hard." I persisted but she wasn't giving up. She took it from my hands and ushered me to sit on the chair.

"Ash is right you shouldn't over work yourself, dear. You've been in the kitchen for two hours." Her hands worked with the mixture in the bowl, she was making some type of sweets and i wanted to help her at least mix the mixture for the dough. But, no just like Ash she wouldn't let me do anything.

I felt horrible for staying here and not working as much. But AJ and Breana won't allow me to tire myself.

After Ash told them what the doctor said they have been careful of giving me chores.

I was mostly working on the cash register or sorting out the goods. Even though i didn't complain, i still wanted to help them with other stuff as well.

I was now three months pregnant and my belly was starting to show. Never would have i imagined that i would love being with a big stomach. It looked adorable.

It has been a almost a month since Ash found out about my pregnancy and he wouldn't leave my side.

He was always visiting me and asking me if i had specific cravings. He was also bringing me all types of food, just in case if i wanted to eat.

I still had mornings sickness but not as bad as before. Ash was also concerned about that and wanted me to go to the doctor, but i somehow proved him that this type of stuff were normal.

Even the one check up i did at the doctor, they told me that everything is fine and i might experience morning sickness for another month.

"When do you have your next appointment?" Breana asked while wiping the counter.

"In two weeks."

"Maybe they'll tell you the gender. Oh, i'm soo excited. I can't wait for the little baby to be here with us."

"Me too, me too. I hope they can see the gender." I didn't matter what gender the baby was going to be, i just wanted it be healthy and well. That's all that matters at the moment.

"I feel like it's going to be a boy. But that's just my feeling." She smiled while shrugging her shoulders.

"I also craved salty and sour food with my first boy. I mean they are all myths but you never know, they might me true." Breana had two sons and a daughter. All of them were out of the country pursuing their careers. From what i learned they all had parents and were in happy relationships.

It saddened me that she rarely saw her children but she claimed that she's happy that they are living the life they always wanted.

There was always a sad look in her eyes when she talked about them but i know she wanted what was best for them.

"My mom used to say that. She apparently craved sweet food when she carried me." I rubbed my belly and my hunger increased with the mention of food.

"Isla." I head AJ's voice.

I stood up and walked towards the main space. The skirt flowing around me and my wavy hair was falling down my shoulders.

When i reached there, i saw Ash and my face light up. And so did his.

Today he was dressed in a tight black t-shirt and beige slacks. His hair was styled back and he had his wrist watch on his left arm.

In his left arm he had a bag. I assume with food.

"What did you brought today?" I grinned and walked towards him.

He lifted the bag and placed it on one of the free tables. He opened it and took out kiwis and grapefruit. "You said you craved grapefruit last time. So here it is."

They were cut into small pieces and placed in a plastic container. He remembered.

I barely even remember mentioning them, but he did.

"Thank you." I took the bag and we went into the kitchen in the back. Ash greeted Breana and we sat by the small table.

I opened the plastic container and took a fork from the drawers. My mouth watered at the sigh of the fruits.

I took a pice of the grapefruit and hummed of how good it was. I never liked it before but the pregnancy made me eat food that i was not fan of before.

Piece by piece i eat all of it and when i looked at Ash his eyes were on me. Adoration was written in them and it almost made me tear up.

He said that he won't leave me and he didn't. He was still here.

My cheeks grew hot under his gaze and i took the container and the fork and placed them on the counter.

"How's our little champion?" Ash spoke behind me.

"Great. I can't wait to find out the gender." Ash was going with me to my next appointment.

"I think it will be a girl." I lifted my eyebrow at him.

"Really? Breana said a boy." I honestly didn't have any predictions what so ever.

He shrugged his shoulders with a grin. "We'll see when we go to the doctor."

He stood up and walked towards me. I was leaning on the counter and my hands were behind me. Ash with slow strides got closer and closer.

We were few inches apart and my breath hitched. His intoxicating cologne filled my lungs.

We were still just friends, but all i wanted to do was jump into his arms and stay there forever. Wrapped in his strong hold.

He brought his hand to my face and tucked my hair behind my ear. "I have to go now. I'll see you tomorrow. Yeah?"

I lifted my head to look at him and just nodded, not being able to say a word. He just smiled and leaned closer to my face.

His hot breath fanned my cheek and he left a lingering kiss next to my mouth. Too close. If i moved a little, he would have captured my lips.

"Bye Isla." And with that he left.

And i stayed frozen in my place not being able to move. My cheeks we burning and my heart beat increased.

Ash as always left me speechless.

Short chapter update!!💛
Thoughts on the book?

I have so many other things and i don't really have time to write😔