chapter twenty-two

PRESENT

PRESENT

I was almost eight months pregnant. My belly was more than big and all of the clothes I had were not fitting me anymore.

When I had the last check-up, the doctor said that everything was going amazing and the thought of seeing my baby in two months, filled my heart with anticipation and joy.

I can't say that I'm not scared and nervous but all the love for my boy outshines all of the fear.

I was already preparing everything. My bag for going to the hospital was already packed. It was mostly Ash filling it with everything I will need. He was even more excited than me.

We did classes for expecting parents and Ash was more than happy to show me everything he knew.

From changing a diaper to holding the baby after feeding so it would burp.

We have been together for a few months now and he never leaves my side. Also, I have been working less at the bakery. I do help them but not as much as before.

My apartment hunting has not been very successful. I went to see a couple more but none of them called me back when they saw me pregnant.

I don't know if it was me being a single mom that made them think that I won't be paying or maybe it was not wanting a small baby in the buildings.

Either way, nothing came out of any of the offers.

I was still living in the room above the bakery. It stressed me out but I was determined to find my own place. Ash has been offering me to move into his penthouse but I wanted my own place. As much as I love Ash I don't think we were ready to move in together.

Maybe in the near future.

"Look what I found," Ash spoke when he opened the cabinet door. We were shopping and I was currently trying on an oversized, thin shirt. It was comfortable and fitted my body perfectly.

I looked behind me and Ash was holding... lingerie.

"Ash!" My face reddened. The lingerie was in a beautiful dark red color. It had stockings and the lingerie itself was made out of sheer material. They had flowers all over and a small shining diamond in the middle of the bra. They were really beautiful.

I never wore them while I was with Zade because he didn't like them. He always said that I'll look cheap and I should not even buy any. Of course, I tried to wear them for myself but he somehow always found a way to ruin my confidence.

"What?! You'll look amazing in them." He said with a cocked eyebrow.

"Does this look good?" I did a little spin to show him the whole outfit and he let out a whistle.

"You look gorgeous." He bit his lip. His eyes never leaving my body.

"Which one should I buy." I lifted the other one. The one I was currently wearing was beige while the one I had in my hands was in a soft sage color.