chapter twenty-six

PRESENT

PRESENT

For the past two weeks, the word rest has been foreign to me.

Since the birth, I have not slept properly. Apollo is very lively. And... he cries a lot.

I knew this was a part of being a parent but since it is my first baby, it is a little bit difficult. Sometimes I even panic thinking I'm not doing certain things right.

I even get scared thinking I won't wake up at night to feed him.

Thankfully I have the best support from Ash. He has been working from home now and rarely leaves me alone.

He even changes Apollo's diapers more than me. Whatever I need, Ash places it in front of me before I even ask.

"Shh, did you fill up your tummy baby." I stroked Apollo's hair and ran my finger gently over his nose.

Apollo had poliosis. A part of his hair at the front was filled with white strands. He also had white lines on his barely visible eyebrows and a few of his lashes were white as well.

I guess he got the condition from my dad. Even though I don't really remember, I knew it from the pictures we had.

He had white patches on the side of his hair.

Apollo looked adorable and he was carrying something from his grandpa which made my heart beam with happiness.

The doctors said that it was nothing dangerous. And that was the most important thing.

He started to close his eyes and I kissed his forehead and laid him in his crib. I fixed my sweater and sat on the sofa.

It was almost 6 pm and Ash was supposed to be here any time soon.

He went to the office quickly to drop off some documents and also he went to the store to buy ingredients for the dinner.

While Apollo peacefully slept, I found a little time to lay my head on the back of the couch.

I have been feeling well and didn't really have any complications after the birth. The period on the other hand, was what I dreaded the most.

Having a period for far more than a week was super exhausting.

The entrance door cracked open and I heard a jingling sound of keys.

I stood up quickly and tip-toed to the Ash. His suit jacket was off and he had a few bags in his hands. Filled with food. He placed them on the cabinet and turned to me.

"Ash," I said and circled my hands around his neck. His arms went around me and he pulled me closer.

"I missed you." My voice came out muffled from the way my face was buried in his neck.

"I know, I missed you too. And Apollo." Even though he was out only for two hours, it still felt like it had been two days.

"I'll make dinner now, you go and take a nap if you want. I'll look after Apollo as well." I felt his lips on my temple.

"It's fine, I don't think I'll be able to take a nap right now. I'll help you with the dinner." He nodded and took the bags in his hands. We walked to the kitchen and after he placed the food on the counter, he immediately went to check on Apollo.

We started making dinner and talked about his visit to the office and my few hours alone with my baby boy.

"Wait I forgot to tell you." The sudden words made me face him with raised eyebrows.

"What?"

"Leo and Aimee are getting married." My mouth parted and my eyes widened.

"Wait are you being for real?" I tried to keep my voice down but the excitement overcame my body. Aimee hasn't said anything and I'm sure this was a very spontaneous decision.

"Yeah, Leo called me. The wedding will be in eight days. We'll get the invitation probably tomorrow."

"That's so out of the blue, but I'm so happy for them." They have been engaged for a while now and I know for a fact that Leo has been initiating the wedding all the time.

Aimee has said that it will happen when they are ready and I guess they are. My eyes softened at the thought of the ceremony.

"His siblings are visiting and also all of the people they need will be here. It's only a small proportion of guests. Her parents, her friend and his parents, siblings and us. I don't know if they'll invite anyone else." I chewed on my lip and debated if I should ask the question that popped into my mind.

"What is it?" He immediately noticed my change in emotions.

"Are your parents invited?" Ash stepped closer to me and cupped my face.

Ash has told his parents about us and about Apollo but he said that they didn't react in any way.

My last memories of his mother are still imprinted in my mind. It was one of the hardest times of my life.

So I didn't know what she thought of us. I didn't want Ash and his parents getting away from each other just because of me.

"Don't worry about that. And no, they are not invited." I slowly nodded my head and lowered my eyes to the ground.

"Come here." He tugged me flush to his body and I let myself ease in his embrace.

Maybe I was worrying for nothing but still, the thought of ruining Ash's and his parent's relationship was still in the back of my mind. It was not fair.

We pulled away and I left a kiss on his lips.

We finished with cooking and before we could eat, Apollo woke up.

While I ate, Ash held him in his hands, and then while he ate I did.

We then cleaned the table and placed the dishes in the washer. Our evening was spent like every other. Before we started preparing for bed, I took a quick shower and did my hair in a braid.

I was too tired to completely dry it, so this will do.

When I opened the door of the bathroom to get out, my heart was about to jump out of my ribcage when my eyes landed on the bed.

Ash was laid down, only with sweatpants while Apollo rested on his bare chest.

"You two are so cute." I made my way towards them and laid next to Ash. I leaned my head on his shoulder and let out a sigh of relief.

"Grab my phone and take a picture." He said and I did exactly that.

We snapped a couple of pictures. One where I kissed his cheek and the other one where he kissed my temple. We took a few more pictures of Apollo as well.

"What kind of dress should I wear?" I asked Ash as I swiped through the pictures of us.

"Whatever you want."

"Ash you are of no help. At least tell me what color, I really don't know." He hummed and thought for a few seconds.

"Maybe light blue. Or any color in light shade. I think it will suit you the best." I whispered an okay and we talked some more about the outfits we'll wear.

Also the outfit for Apollo.

I still don't know where their wedding will take place so I'll have to wait for the invitation.

Apollo started to open his eyes and it was time to feed him again.

I rested my back on the headboard and took him in my hands. With a little bit of struggle, he latched on my breast.

Ash sat beside me and his eyes were trained on our baby. He gently ran his hands over his back and laid a kiss on my shoulder.

After I fed Apollo, I placed him beside us and I leaned my head on the pillow.

New update!! 🥹

Vote and comment💛