Chapter 9: The Show Must Go On

It had been around 2 weeks since the torture that happened at the medical center. Nazuna had announced a concert was going to happen as a form of coping. She had planned some songs of hers to be sung but she had left a bit of time open for some songs the rest of the group to suggest. Michiru had suggested to do , Kiri suggested What Do You Want From Me by Pink Floyd, Raiden suggested Show Me the Way by Peter Frampton. Shirou didn't care.

It was time to get going. They were all at Kiri's now bar and grill getting ready. Nazuna was getting dressed, and the others were going to help with lights. Kiri was now Nazuna's replacement for Boris and Raiden was her somewhat bodyguard. It wasn't a far drive but it would take around 10 minutes to get there. Shirou was going to take his own car and the rest were going to ride with Kiri. He brought out his 1973 Porsche 911. Nazuna got shotgun and Michiru and Raiden were sitting in the back. It was cramped as all hell back there. It was a joke among the porsche owners back in the day that the old 911 had 2.5 seats.

Kiri started the car and they started heading to the show.

Kiri: You ready for this Nazuna.

Nazuna: Why wouldn't I be.

Kiri: Cause you had only two weeks to practice. Plus the mental trauma-

Michiru: What!

Kiri: Nazuna was shown a bunch of violent shit by Alan, Far Cry 5 style. I thought Shirou told you about this.

Michiru: Well he didn't, Nazuna are you ok

Nazuna: I'm fine now. Thanks

Raiden: I remember shit like that. I took my first life when I was young. I learned that killing my enemies felt good, real good. I've changed now but deep inside, I'm still a loaded gun.

Kiri: Damn, I'm sorry man.

Raiden: It's fine.

Some guy cut Kiri off.

Kiri: NICE DRIVING ASSHOLE. When you guys get cars, don't be dicks.

They were nearing the place. Raiden hadn't been to this side of town yet so he was looking at the general area. They found a parking spot and pulled in.

They all hoped out of the car and started to walk in. While walking, Kiri had found the guy who cut him off's car. He turned into his Mantis form and popped all of his tires. They had 30 minutes before the concert. It was 7:30. It didn't take them long to set up so they just messed around for 15 minutes. Nazuna was dressing in the back while Michiru and Kiri played on their phones.

The show was finally about to start. People were in lines, the tickets were sold out and the space was starting to fill up. The show was ready to begin. The sound of guitar fills the area.

Nazuna: As you look around this room, tonight. Settle in your seats and dim the lights.

There was smoke and lights going everywhere

Nazuna: Do you want my blood? Do you want my tears? What do you want?

A light illuminates Michiru, and Michiru's friend, Nina. They were in their beast forms singing backup.

backup: What do you want from me?

Nazuna: Should I sing until I can't sing anymore? Should I play the string 'til my fingers are raw. You're so hard to please.

Nazuna+backup: What do you want from me?

The crowd cheered.

Nazuna: Hey Animacity, we got a lot more so get comfy and GET WILD. The crowd started roaring with excitement. 2 hours go by.

Nazuna: It's been fun guys but it's time for the final song. It's called-

Alan shows up.

Btw here's the song that Nazuna was singing