♡His Heartbeat♡

Dd, Notti,Jstar,Jay,Melz mother: mama love

2 days later

Melly

Mami should've been resting today, she barely takes days off work and today she was finally given 1 week off and it was the third day off her rest week and instead of being in bed, ordering me and Erin to buy her food from down the block, she was in her car, driving to a hospital.

Ddot hasn't said a single word since we've been in the car, his eyes are extremely red and his body is slowly shaking, "Are you cold baby?" Mami says turning to look at Darrian, he slowly shakes his head. Mami does a small smile to reassure him that everything will be okay, I feel like I'm about to cry but I don't want Darrian, Erin and Mami to see me crying because Darrian might start crying, then Erin will start cause she wouldn't like to see Darrian cry then Mami will start crying because she feels bad.

Mami knows Notti well, eventhough she barely took nights off work, because when she didn't have work, it's either I'd be at Nottis crib or he'll be at mine.

Everyone is so silent, it's killing me, the car stops and I realise we're at the hospital. We skipped school to be here, Darrian rushes out of the car, then we all come out.

Ddot

When we get to the front desk, there's a short white woman with green eyes smiling at me, "how can I help you?", the rest come up behind me, "let me handle this Darrian" Mellys mami says stepping infront.

Melly

"Is it Ethan Reyes" Mami whispers, I nod, "im sorry about that, we're here to see Ethan Reyes" she says, "oh ofcourse let me check something" she says smiling and going into the backroom, a few minutes later she comes back, "im sorry Ethan Reyes is in critical condition and can only have visitors who are related to him" she says looking at Darrian in concern, "yes we are related, i am his auntie and these are his cousins" mami says using her long red nails to tap on the desk, "um Ofcourse,  do you have proof?" She says, "What do you want, my blood, listen I don't have all day, I need to see my nephew,  he's in critical condition and you are wasting my time" Mami says scrunching her face, "oh I'm very sorry, give me one second" she says trying to keep a smile on her face, mami always had a way to getting what she wanted, the lady comes back with a paper in her hand "um Ofcourse you can go in, but only for a short while, there's quite alot in there" she says, she leads the way for us and we follow, "that was easy" mami says in Spanish.

The lady stops at a huge white door and opens it.

I walk inside and as soon as I see Notti lying down on the bed shirtless with his hair loose and his body looking almost lifeless, my heart breaks and I feel wet cold tears running down my cheeks, He looks like he isn't breathing and his eyes are closed shut, I don't even think anyone notices us because mama loves hands are placed on his chest, Darrian walks out of the room and shuts the door, that's when everyone looks up. "Melanie" mama love says smiling at me, Dd isn't in the room, Jstar is sitting on the left side of Nottis bed and mama love is sitting OK the right, Jay is standing by mama love with his arms wrapped around her, Melz is sat with Amiri in her arms and a few other guys I don't know, I walk over to dds mamis chair and give her a hug, it lasts for a long time and when I pull away, we're both crying, "don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to Ethan" She says, she should've said that to herself because she's crying more than me, My mami stands awkwardly in the room until she's noticed and she's greeted by everyone, I look at Nottis body again and feel heartbroken, Melz takes my hand and places it on his chest, I feel his heart beating and I know it is.

Dd

I've been walking around for 20 minutes because I just couldn't bring myself to sit in that room and stare at Nottis body lying there doing absolutely nothing, he's in critical condition yet he's still allowed family visitors, what kind of hospital is this, there's no nurses or doctors in that room yet my brother is still in critical condition, I walk around and walk around.

Ddot

My eyes are blurry and my vision isn't straight, I see a guy pacing up and down and even though I'm the one with the blurry vision, he bumps into me, "WHAT THE F-", I swipe my eyes and stare at him, "Darrian" he says softly as he pulls me into a long hug, it was David. I hold onto him and imagine I'm hugging Notti, I wished the hug lasted longer but it didn't...

Erin

"Excuse me have yall seen a tall mixed boy" I say, "um I'm sorry I've seen like 3 over here" the lady says smiling, "Thank you" I sigh, Darrian was only in the room for like 2 minutes, he looked at Notti and just left and I understand because who would want to see their bestfriend with a huge bandage around his stomach lying lifeless in a hospital bed not able to do anything, I would leave as well to be honest

Dd

Me and Darrian are sat near the fences outside, Darrian is smoking a blunt, "Dd you know I'd do anything for Ethan" he says looking straight forward, "I know" I say, "I'd kill for him, I'd give anything for us to swap places right now" Darrian says passing me the blunt, "Me too my heart" I say taking it from him, "Nothings gonna happen to Notti though, don't worry my heart" I say holding onto Darrian, I might not always act like the oldest but this was my time to step up and care of Darrian because just the same way Ethan is my brother, Darrians my brother too.

Melly

Everyone had left the room, mami convinced all of them they had to eat because she knows as a mother that  for ethans mother a child is the first priority, not food or anything else, I sit in the chair on the right side and every 20 seconds I put my hands on Nottis chest, I didn't trust these machines, there were more than 5 attached to his body yet the only thing that was moving was his chest, I don't know what I expected, I guess I expected him to just get up and be fine again like he normally is but how am I supposed to stop crying when the one that's meant to cheer me up is the one making me cry, I place my hand on his chest one more time.

The door barges open and dd and ddot are staring back at me, dd walks in and hugs me, ddot goes around the bed and stares down at notti, I hold onto dd like I never want to let go, "Melly do you think Notti will be okay" Ddot says in Spanish, "Nottis always okay" I say smiling as I pull away from dd, a woman in a white uniform comes into the room, "guys I'm sorry but we need to check him now, you guys can come back tommorow, an adult is permitted to stay with him over night if they want" she says smiling, Ddot continues to stare down at Notti, he leans in to kiss his head, I run my hands through his curly hair before following behind ddot, "I love you" dd says in Spanish before following behind us.

Erin

I call Melanie and she immediately picks up, "I can't find Darrian" I say breathing heavily, "you need to work out more, you sound like you're dying" Melanie says, I hear Darrians goofy laugh in the background followed by dd and Melanie. "Shut up, atleast you found them, mami and dds mama are having a whole debate so yall wanna get food" I say, "Yeah I guess" dd says, he sounds guilty though, "dd nothings gonna happen to Notti" Ddot says, "Yeah dd, Darrians right, Notti is one of the strongest person I know" Melanie says, I'm happy to hear that little bright tone in her voice, "SO WHO WANTS FOOD?" I shout, "me" they say in unison , I know Nottis gonna be okay even if it takes long, he'll still be okay, I just know.
Melly

Eventhough Erin tried to brighten our mood, I could tell Darrian and David were still upset, I know were all upset but I know dds more open when it comes to his feelings but Darrian doesn't talk to me about that stuff, he talks to dd though, I hope everything will be okay.

I just wanted to say, I don't know how this book is gonna go, atp it's writing it self, I just wanna say that no matter how it goes, it will still always be for Notti Osama, May his soul rest in peace, your family love you so much 💔🕊