Will This Work? Chapter 3

I jolted awake and looked at the clock.
4:16

Uhg my stomach twisted with my wolf's anticipation. I needed to run. To clear my system.

I sat up and crept downstairs. I froze outside the kitchen as I saw the light on and heard shuffling.

Peeking in I saw my mother up early with a cup of coffee and a book.

All the anxiety flowed out of me and I walked in.

"Hey Kory. What's the matter? You're never up early?" she asked setting down her book.

I whined and pranced around giddily.

"Oh my little wolfy needs a run? Go on. But be back for breakfast. Oh and be safe. There are a few other wolves around here. But go have fun" she smiled before I dashed outside, shedding my clothes and hiding them in a bush, before shifting. There was a 30 second period were you can here bones snapping and reforming, flesh ripping, fur covering my four legged body. I shook out my fur with a snort of happiness.

Then I heard a chuckle before a smaller wolf with dark brown fur, a black ear, a black snout and circle around the eye, and black paws landed beside me. This was my mother. I yipped happily and nudged her. She licked my ear and we took off through the forest yipping and prancing around without a care.

We stopped in front of a large pond and lapped up the cool water quickly. I looked into my reflection and saw my wolf form staring back at me.

When you awaken your wolf, you and your wolf are one, you're united.

I looked deeply into my reflection, staring at the dark wolf staring back. The wolf with the bright silverish blue eyes. The wolf with black fur and silvery white markings. I had silvery white paws, under belly, and tip of my tail, with a small amount of markings on the tip of my snout.
Mom?
Yes sweetheart?
Will I ever find my mate?

She turned to look at me her ears twitching sympathetically at my question.
Baby. Of course you will. You'll eventually either find them, they'll find you, or they'll awaken and you'll find each other. But I promise that you will find your mate.

I yipped and we took off again.

As we arrived back at the house I saw Connor on the porch.

I came to a halt staring him down.
Mum! He sees us!
Yes Kory. He knows were wolves.

I eased up as my mum sat beside him, still in her wolf form. I stalked closer warily, still not completely trusting.

"Come on Kory. Im not gonna bite, you're the one with canines" he chuckled.

I stepped forward and smelled his hand. He was truthful he was calm not afraid. I rubbed my head against his hand and licked it. We were big wolves, standing at almost 6 foot tall when we're full grown. Right now i stand at 5'2 in wolf form. 6'1 in human form.

I shifted back, slipping on my shorts as my mum dressed as well.

I stretched out and smiled.

"Well Kory that was fun" my mum chuckled.

"Yeah"

We went inside and started making breakfast.

"Why is that faggot still here." Rick growled as he saw me. I was standing shirtless in the kitchen.

"Morning Rick" I said politely.

"Fuck off faggot" he growled shoving me.My wolf growled lowly, the rumble coming from deep in my chest.

He smirked and shoved me harder before my wolf had enough.

We shifted and tackled him growling in his face as he layed shocked and stunned underneathe me. Then I felt his bones popping and shifting beneath me as he let out an agonizing scream of pain. His body shifted and he whimpered, his wolf form curled in fetal position whimpering in pain. Thats when I felt it. The pull. That tug.

My wolf and me both agreed on one thing.
Mate.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hey sorry if its short buuut i thought it'd be good to leave it at that. So Rick is a wolf to? Why is he in pain? Is there something being hidden? Find out soon ;)