Will This Work? Chapter 4

Rick, my stepbrother. My homophobic, extremely hot, muscular stepbrother, was a werewolf, and hes my Mate.

My wolf was internally doing giddy little prances and dances.

Connor moving towards Rick caught our attention and I blocked his way crouching and snarling, the feral animal in me being shown to the world.

My mothers wolf stood before me, beside Connor.

I snarled viciously, blocking their way to Rick.
Mine!

I snapped my jaws in warning.
Kory! What are you doing!

I looked at my mother.
My mate. I growled.

Realization hit her and she shifted back and nudged Connor.

"Leave him go"

Connor was confused.

"Why is he so feral. Vicious?" Connor asked backing off.

"They're mates"

Connor gasped as he realized.

"How did I not see how obvious it was?" He grumbled and shook his head.

Then he got serious and looked at my snarling form.

Then he did something I didn't expect, he shifted.
I need to make sure my sons ok.

He growled through my mind.
He's my mate! I'll protect him! Back off!

I growled more viciously feeling threatened.

Mother whimpered nervously and in fear, never have i been this wild, feral, vicious.

He took a step forward and lunged at him, sinking my teeth into his shoulder and tackling him out the back door.
Mine! He's mine!

Connor whimpered and flipped us around going to bite me.

My mother tried to intervene but couldn't. I bit into Connor's neck hard and he choked and whimpered. My mother howled, and whimpered, and cried as I growled, keeping his neck in my grasp biting harder.
Please! Kory let him go!

I dropped him and he surrendered, backing away on his belly, head down.

I ran back to see Rick in his human form, eyes red from crying, a scared expression on his face as he rocked in fetal position. I didn't think it was possible for Rick to be this vulnerable. I shifted back and went to him, lifting him up and taking him to his room.

He whimpered when I layed him down.

"It hurt so bad. So so bad." I stroked his hair soothingly, humming lightly.

"Shhhhh Rick. Shhhhh I know. It will get better." He drifted to sleep and I smiled.

I slowly got up and walked downstairs.

Connor sat in the kitchen with my mother.

When I walked in he looked at his feet in shame.

"Connor, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" I hugged him tightly.

He hugged back.

Releasing him I backed up.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what took over me. My senses just went whack trying to protect my ma-Rick. I was only protecting him. Though i knew you wouldn't hurt him. Sorry"

He sighed and nodded.

"No I'm sorry. It was my fault. I knew you felt threatened, and then i shifted and made things worse. I deserved it."

We apologized and ate breakfast.

It was 12:36 when Rick came downstairs. He still looked a little messed up as he sat on the couch.

I touched his shoulder and he jerked away looking repulsed.

"Don't touch me! Y-you freak!" He went and sat close to his dad.

Connor frowned.

"You gay dog freak! You monster!"

My heart dropped.

Now that hurt. Bad.

"Rick please listen i-"

"No! No no no! I want answers! From all of you! What the fuck is going on!"

I sighed before explaining.

"We are werewolves. Your wolf has just awakened though. So you'll have to learn to use your wolf body, control your shift, and get used to the pain. The first time is always the worst."

He breathed shakily.

"Why, why were you fighting with my dad!"

I growled lowly before composing myself.

"You're my Mate and I was protecting you"

I stated firmly.

"What! No! What is a mate!"

Connor sighed.

"Rick, son, a mate is your soul mate, the moon goddess and the Fates, or the wolven gods, pair up mates, before their even born."

Connor explained.

"NO HELL NO! IM NOT A GAY FAGGOT LIKE HIM!" Rick yelled.

My mother growled.

My wolf was wailing and whimpering.

"R-rick please please i-"

"NO! I WON'T BE MATED WITH YOU!"

That did it. He rejected me. My mate rejected me.

My mother stood up.

SMACK.

She slapped Rick hard across tbe face.

"No one, NO ONE, says that to my baby Kory. You are a pitiful vag of scum and a horrible mate! How dare the wolven gods and the moon goddess try to mate my son with suck trash as you! You don't deserve someone as good as him! Just go on and keep fucking your whores that last 3 days! Me and my son are leaving!"

SMACK.

She hit him. Again.

I cried hard. It hurt. Bring rejected by your mate is worse than death.

Mom scooped me up and put me in the car.

15 minutes later she was putting our bags in the car as Connor begged her to stay, how his son is just an idiot.

She kissed him goodbye and we drove off

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up blurry eyed and in pain. My heart hurt. So bad.

I must have fallen asleep during the drive, mum was still driving when I woke.

"Hey baby. It'll be ok. I'm taking you to join the pack closest to Connor. So you won't have to see that peice of shit Rick but we can both still see Connor. He really likes you."

I nodded.

We drove for another hour before arriving in the middle if the woods, at the pack house.

The Alpha came out and greeted us.

He looked at me sympathetically before grabbing me and hugging me close.

"Shh I know how you feel. It's ok. My mate rejected me as well. I saw the Alpha wasn't much older then me. He looked to be 23-24 at the oldest.

I sobbed and he held me as his Beta and some other wolves took our stuff to our rooms.

The Alpha carried me to my room and layed with me in his arms as I cried and whimpered myself to sleep.