Chapter 3

I ran out of the school campus and just continued to run down the road, which led to a village.

I usually preferred to run around villages and places that were far away from the city, because it was much quieter over there.

While I had to dodge cars and other vehicles inside the city, out here, the roads were pretty much almost empty.

It's better to do these runs at night, where the people are asleep and the roads pretty much don't get used at all, but I didn't have the time to wait, since I needed to do these runs immediately after taking Compound.

As always, I was sucked into my own thoughts as I continued to run forward, evading some cars here and there.

The next contest run is in exactly one month, which means I had plenty of time to train for it.

Although I didn't train much at all since I began taking Compound V. I mean, why should I? It's not like someone can run faster than a drug that creates Supes.

Speaking of Supes...they're an interesting topic. Some people love them, some hate them.

I'm somewhere in between. Reggie is a Supe, and I really like that guy, at least when he's not high, because if he is, he acts like he did back on the field.

But he's a pretty chill guy normally. A little bit egoistic, but so am I, so who am I to judge?

I must admit I do envy him a bit for the fact that he's part of the Seven.

Joining them would be a dream of mine. But who knows maybe I'll be as fast as Reggie one day or maybe even faster?

The whole situation with the drugs does worry me. I'm not gonna lie, dying at this age would be quite scary, since I'm not ready to die, at least not yet.

If I ignore the whole drug thing, my life isn't that bad actually.

My friends only hang out with me because I'm winning all the time, but I hope MJ does not.

I really hope she likes me for who I am and not not because of my wins.

I can see things from her perspective though. It's better to say you're dating the fastest guy in the school, that earned dozens of gold medals, than a nobody.

I noticed the sky getting dark, looks like it's going to rain.

Even better, I just love rain for some reason I can't explain.

Shortly after, it actually began to rain.

After some more running, I finally stopped. I really have to message MJ now, I don't want her to think that I forgot about our date.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and went to MJ's contact, before messaging her.

Hey MJ, are you still up to go out?

I asked, waiting for a response, which I got almost instantly.

Of course I am, I thought you forgot about me.

C'mon when did I ever leave you hanging?

Last week is an example. Don't tell me you forgot about that.

She was right, I cancelled our date last week because I had to bring my brother to the doctor, since I smashed him against the wall.

It was my fault, so I was willing to bring him over there myself.

If it wouldn't have been my fault, I would've let my parents do that, as they should. But since it was my mistake, I wanted to be the one to fix it.