Chapter 14

Saturday

MJ: Good luck Y/N, I know you'll win this.

She said after we pulled away from a hug.

Y/N: Just watch yourself out there, okay? I don't have a feeling that it's gonna be very safe.

MJ: Don't worry about me.

I went into the locker room and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

I took Tyler's advice to heart and trained as hard as I could for today and I can see that it took a toll on me.

The amount of weight that I lost worried me, but today is the last time where I'll have to be prepared so well.

Tyler: We both know it won't be the last time, Y/N.

He said as he entered the room.

Y/N: Did you just read my damn mind?

Tyler: Don't have to read it to know what's going on in there.

Y/N: This will be the last time though.

Tyler: You think you'll just join the Seven and everything will be okay? They'll just let you sit around in the tower and do nothing?

Y/N: No, but I won't have to prove myself all the time and push my limits as hard as I'm doing now.

Tyler: Oh boy, it's gonna be quite the opposite.

Y/N: Why?

Tyler: I mean, you set the bar pretty high with your little hospital fight. And when you win this race against Reggie and take everything away from him, they'll think you're one of the best. They will send you out to finally finish the Flash. Are you ready to take on him?

Y/N: I have to. So he will leave me in peace, and I won't take "everything" from Reggie. He still has millions of dollars on his bank account.

Tyler: He had, but not anymore.

Y/N: Why not?

Tyler: You haven't seen all the billboards in the city lately?

Y/N: Yeah, they were promoting him a lot.

Tyler: This doesn't come without a big, fat bill.

Y/N: I don't think he spent that much on it.

Tyler: Plus his new suit and his new name...

Y/N: New name? Everything stayed the same, he's still Reggie, or rather "A-Train".

Tyler: That might be true but the thing is, the name "A-Train", as well as his old suit belong to Vought. And our pal Reggie chose to buy his name all for himself.

Y/N: You mean as some sort of backup? So when he gets kicked out of the Seven, he can still have his name and not become a nobody?

Tyler: That's right. I doubt that many people will still be interested in him after he leaves the Seven, but who knows? Maybe he has some true, diehard fans.

Y/N: That's quite depressing if I think about it now.

Tyler: See if you can save your friendship. Just talk to him after the run.

Y/N: I don't think that'd be a good idea to be honest.

Tyler: You really want to lose your friend because of one race? I know you're not like this, Y/N. You're a good guy at heart, you just chose the wrong path in life, that's it.

Y/N: He'll never forgive me for this.

Tyler: You can't know that. He's very important to you, I can see that. Losing him as a friend can...how do I say this? Put a dent in your mental health, y'know? And we don't want that, do we?