Chapter 13

Homelander: Look at the mess you guys have created.

He released his eye lasers upon all the civilians that were watching us, cutting all of them down.

Y/N: Fuck...

Reggie now managed to also stand up. He looked over to all the dead innocents, and took a step back.

Homelander: Before you ask why I did that. Those guys saw our boy Reggie run through their friends, so they'd definitely tell the press, which would mean the Seven would get shit on.

He turned to me.

Homelander: Our image is very important, keep our name clean at all costs. And if you do something that pulls the Seven down, you'll clean the mess up, or we'll clean the earth from you. You got that?

Y/N: Yes, of course.

Homelander: And you Reggie, you acted like a total idiot, didn't you? Not helping...what was your name again?

Y/N: Y/N.

Homelander: Right. Not helping Y/N and letting him fight two Supe Hunters all by himself? That was a shitty move, wasn't it?

Reggie: Yes...

Homelander: And as if that wasn't enough, you ran through fucking civilians and forced me to clean all this mess up.

Reggie: I'm sorry-

Homelander: Stop fucking apologizing, okay? It won't make me less mad. Now, as for the race, it's cancelled.

Reggie: But, I would have won?

Homelander: Even if I'd have left you two finish and you'd have won the race, it would still be a draw.

Reggie: What? How does that even make any sense? If I would've finished first, how-

Homelander: You would have won the race, but Y/N took down two Supe Hunters, which makes our life slightly easier and spared us some trouble for later.

Reggie just shook his head.

Homelander: I'd never thought I'd see a Speedster that can fight, you were surely able to surprise me and I love pleasant surprises.

Y/N: So...does that mean I'm not in?

Homelander: That means you guys will have a second race in the arena.

Reggie: In the arena? In front of thousands of people?

Homelander: Yup, gotta get some of that extra pressure, hm? See how you guys can handle that. Both of you have done that many times, so it shouldn't be anything new for either of you.

Reggie: When?

Homelander: This saturday, which means you have a few days to prepare yourselves, so good luck.

With that he jumped into the air and flew off.

Reggie: You won't win Y/N, I ain't never letting you win.

Y/N: Reggie, I'm really sorry for how things turned out, but-

Reggie: Nah man, you ain't sorry for anything. It was your plan all along, wasn't it?

Y/N: It wasn't. I wanted to be in the Seven alongside you.

Reggie: If this would've been true, you would just take out one of the Seven's members and take their place to fight along with me. But you took the easy way and chose to fight against your friend.

Y/N: Do you even hear what you're saying right now? You want me to kill a member of the Seven? That's just ridiculous.

Reggie: You're too weak to take one of us down, just admit it.