Chapter 7

About an hour after our talk, I got a message from Reggie.

It wasn't allowed for us to use our phones during class, but I still did, since it was probably pretty important.

Yo Y/N, we gotta meet.

I can't, I'm in class right now.

We found out where the Flash is hiding, he's not alone out there. He has some powerful friends helping him.

Helping him with what?

Getting us.

I'm sure you guys will be able to take out a Speedster and a few of his friends.

They're after you.

What? Why the hell would they be after me?

No idea, but we hacked into their data and you're the first one on their list.

I don't even know that guy, do they think I'm part of the Seven or something?

Nah, everyone knows the members of the Seven. They probably want to take care of you first, since you're an easy target.

They're wrong if they really think that.

No, they're not. You are an easy target. You got no protection from the state or the Seven.

Wow, thanks man. Good to know you have my back.

I didn't say I won't help you.

How are you gonna help me? Team up and take Flash down?

Yes, but not yet. We're not fast enough to do that.

When will you give me the next stage of Compound?

I can do that right now. Just tell me where to meet you and I'll give it to you.

Like I said, I'm in school now, so I don't think it'll work out.

After school?

I can't. I promised MJ that I'll hang out with her. I'm not gonna fuck it up again.

Understandable, your girlfriend is more important than your life. I get that.

In this case, yes.

So no Compound for you today then? Ok.

Wait, maybe we can meet up now.

I thought you were in school?

I'll just excuse myself to the restroom and get outta here. My grades are fine so I can skip class.

Whatever you say man. Meet me at your school's backyard in five minutes.

Yessir.

I responded and put my phone away, before the teacher saw me texting.

I raised my hand and waited for the teacher to pick me.

Teacher: Will you answer my question or just ask if you could go to the restroom?

Y/N: The latter.