01

The morning was cold, it was nearing the end of spring in Leipzig, frost had settled on the green grass of the suburbs. A little girl was outside, walking over to her neighbors house, to say her goodbyes to her bestfriends; the Kaultiz twins. Today the little girl, Angela and her family were moving across the world to where her mother grew up, Australia. The six year old reached up to the doorbell ringing it and waited for a response. Truth was, she didn't want to move, she was comfortable here in Germany. Plus she didn't want to have to leave her best friends Bill and Tom behind her. The door opened and in the doorway were the two blonde boys, looking just as sad as she did.

"Hi guys." She said looking down at her feet as if she didn't want to see them, making her fate less real.

"Hi Angela." Tom spoke.

"Our mom said you were leaving today" Bill followed.

"Yea I am." The words felt like a death sentence escaping her throat.

"Are we going to ever see you again?" Tom said, preparing himself for her answer.

Angela's eyes looked up at the two boys, then darted them back to the ground.

"Mom says probably not, she says we will have a better life in Australia."

Tears began to well in Bill's eyes. "So this is goodbye?"

"Yea, thats what mom says."

The two boys came out of their doorway and pulled the little girl into a tight hug and made her promise that she wouldn't forget them. Angela was called by her mom. She pulled away and before she ran off to her mom she got out a quick but sincere. "I won't."

'That was it' she thought as she looked out the car window seeing the twins wave her goodbye.

"Don't worry hun. You will make new friends in Australia. You won't even remember them."

Her mothers word did little to reassure her as that was exactly what she was afraid of, forgetting them.

....

Before she knew it Angela was in Australia and all grown up. She had finally turned sixteen but just as her world was rocked that day almost ten years ago. It was going to happen again. But this time around she was no longer that innocent six year old, she was a young woman. She had grown taller, her hair longer and her body blessed her in other areas as well. Angela grew to be a moody teenager who had dyed her dark brown hair to have blonde highlights, pierced her nose and navel, smoked cigarettes out of her bedroom window and would sneak out to party and have fun with boys and occasionally girls too. But that life was getting turned upside down again.

A few months ago Angela and her father learnt the kind of person that her mother really was. She had been embezzling money at the company she worked at, cheating on her father with multiple men, and worst of all became abusive towards both of them. Leaving them with bruises and scars. Angela's father had enough and decided to get a divorce and take his daughter back to Germany.

....

Angela opened the car door and walked up to her new house, unlocking the door and carrying boxes inside. Somehow, they were able to buy back the home they had left behind years ago. She ran up to her bedroom and some stuff like her bed and dresser had already been placed inside. She flopped back onto the bare mattress and let out a massive sigh. She pulled out her phone and scrolled through her messages from her friends back in Australia. She felt a bit sad that she left them behind, but it was better than having to stay with her mother.

The rest of the day was spent unpacking and getting her room set up. Angela pulled out her guitar that was covered in scribbles and set it on its stand. 'I wonder if there are any musicians around here' she thought to herself.

She had a shower then slipped into some more comfortable clothes. Crawling beneath her sheets and getting ready to sleep. Tomorrow she will start at the local highschool. Angela was nervous but decided that sleeping was better than focusing on the anxiety she felt.

Meanwhile in the house across from hers, the twins that she had once been friends with were also getting ready for bed when their mother called them from down stairs. She had been watching Angela and her father bring in stuff from their car earlier, not recognizing them. The boys lugged their way down stairs, their bodies exhausted from the day.

"Yea mom, what's up" Tom said, his voice tired.

"I think we have new neighbors, the Mullers must have moved out." Their mother replied.

"Okay,and..?" Bill replied

"And they seem to have a daughter around your age. Can you go over tomorrow and welcome her to the neighborhood?"

The thought of a girl moving in next door piqued Tom's interest. Bill noticing him and giving him a nudge as if to say 'cut it out'

"Yes we can mom." Bill said, trying to ignore whatever his brother was thinking.

The two went back upstairs to their bedrooms. Tom grabbed his brother's arm and pulled him into his room.

"What the hell?" Bill yelled at his brother.

"Bro a girl? What if she's hot?" Tom asked his brother.

"Then you can keep it in your pants." Bill said, brushing off his brother and walking to his room.

Tom rolled his eyes, then crawled into bed. Making up fantasies with this girl who he hadn't even seen yet.

The next day began to build with anticipation for all of them.