Vol 1 Evaluation

AN: I made a discord mainly aimed towards the COTE and Naruto fanfic communities, although others are welcome as well. If you want to join the link is in my bio. If you're an author you're also welcome to join to talk with people and get your stories known out there and if you're just a fan of mine you can join the discord to just talk to me or the community. Always don't forget to like and comment to show your support.

Ayanokoji's pov

The day had finally come that I would enter the ninja academy. I stood outside the academy in a line, to my right was Hinata and to my left was Naruto. I looked to see there were 6 lines of 10 kids, so in total 60 kids would be in my class. Each team was made up of 3 people genin and one Jonin sensei so this meant in my year alone 20 new teams would be created. That is if everyone passed the academy.

I looked around to see the parents of many of the children here, all smiling and looking at their kids proudly. Back in my original world this would be looked down upon. After all this academy was preparing children to go to war, to kill or be killed. However here being a ninja is seen as something honorable, dying and killing for your village is seen as the best thing someone could accomplish.

My thoughts were cut off when I saw an elderly man walk in front of all the kids. By the ropes and hat he was wearing it was clear this man was the Third Hokage. A man highly respected in this village and all throughout this world. I watched as the man scanned all the kids with his eyes, however I also noticed he looked at me longer than he did everyone else. I wonder if he knows about my training. My sensor skills still can't really pick up high level ninja like Itachi so the Hokage spying on my training and me not sensing it is not out of the question.

"Hello everyone, I am Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Third Hokage of the hidden leaf." The man started off. "I'm sure all of you are happy and can't wait to enter the academy so I'll keep my speech small. All of you here are now entering a new stage of your life, a stage that will test your limits and will power. Over the next 6 years you will be trained in the way of the ninja and learn the skills necessary to survive as a genin. Only the best of you will be able to become genin and then continue to move up the ranks. Now as you move on please remember this, each ninja of the hidden leaf is family, we will protect and even die for each other. Teamwork is what hidden leaf is best known for and it is what it will continue to be known for, so allow the will of fire to help guide you in your new stage of life." Hiruzen said, all the parents and kids started clapping. I however did not. Back in my old world I would have clapped as to not stand out but in this world it's different, in this world I will be who I am and do as I please.

Soon after Hiruzen left and so did the parents. A Chunin instructor came out and led us to the classroom we would spend our next 6 years in. The classroom had 6 rows, each row had 10 seats. The rows in the front were each lower than the row behind it. The sixth row being the highest row of them all. So I decided to sit there since it would give me the best angle of the whole class.

Hinata followed behind me and sat next to me. I sat in the window seat. Huh, I was in the last row with the window seat, just like in my last life. Looking down on my desk I noticed a pencil was there already, in fact there was a pencil in each desk. It seems we're either going to take notes today or maybe a written exam so they can know each one of the students current knowledge. I looked over at the instructor who led us to the classroom who I could only assume would be our homeroom teacher. The man looked to be around his late 40s with brown short hair and a scar on his left eye. The man was rather built and was about average height.

"Hello everyone, my name is Reku Zoro and I will be your homeroom teacher for this year. This year we will be spending our time preparing your bodies and mind for the years to come. Today we will be doing a performance exam to see where you are all at and to be able to compare your growth once you finally graduate from the academy." Reku said. I noticed a lot of the kids got nervous at the performance exam part. "Now the exam will have three stages. The first stage will be a test so we can see your current knowledge of the world and basic ninja information. The second stage will be a kunai test to see whose aim we have to help the most. The third exam will be a one on one hand to hand combat." Reku said.