Vol 1 Rain

AN: I made a discord mainly aimed towards the COTE and Naruto fanfic communities, although others are welcome as well. If you want to join the link is in my bio. If you're an author you're also welcome to join to talk with people and get your stories known out there and if you're just a fan of mine you can join the discord to just talk to me or the community. Always don't forget to like and comment to show your support.

Ayanokoji's pov

A week had passed since I joined the academy. I was still unable to combine Thunderbolt and Wild Air waves together yet but I could feel myself getting closer to it. After all, I've come to realize what I was doing was hard, because I was not just creating a new Jutsu but a new type of release. What I was doing was using both the two elements I was born with to mix them together to create something new.

It's like how people who are born with fire and earth release are either born with the ability to perform lava release or must train hard to learn it. It is incrability hard to learn, for some even impossible. However I could not give up, even if it took years I would come out on top.

Other than that I have kept my training up with Hinata, helping her fix her mistakes in her fighting and any other areas that need fixing.

I got off the chair I was sitting on and headed towards the roof of the academy building. Hinata looked at me to get up but didn't follow along. Instead she stood in her seat eating her food. We were currently on break and had about 20 minutes left, I just needed some air.

As I reached the roof of the academy I noticed another boy there. It was the boy who fell asleep during the written part of the exam we had last week. His name is ​​Shikamaru Nara. He laid on the ground looking up towards the sky, I heard a yawn leave his mouth as he looked over at me. We both didn't say anything to reach each other as I walked over to the railing and looked down below me at all the kids playing and talking to each other.

I looked over at ​​Shikamaru who was still just staring up at the sky. Well to be more clear it looked more like he was staring at the clouds more than than the actual sky itself. Out of everyone in the academy I would say he's the second smartest person here right behind me. Of course at the moment the teachers are smarter than him but with the Nara blood running through him he will be able to pass them in no time.

"Hey." I said. ​​Shikamaru looked over at me.

"Yeah?" He said lazily.

"How come Choji didn't come today?" I asked. I noticed that they always hung out together so it was a little odd to see ​​Shikamaru by himself.

"I'm not sure, he probably just felt sick or something." He responded.

"Ah, Alright." I said.

"Where's Hinata, she's always hanging around you." He told me.

"Well she's still eating her lunch so she stayed back in the classroom." I answered. "So how come you're looking up at the clouds. Even in class I've noticed you would look at the window and just stare at the sky." I said.

"It's too troublesome to explain." He told me.

"Ah um okay." I said, not really sure how to respond to that. ​​Shikamaru stood up and looked over at me.

"From what I've noticed you're pretty smart. Do you play shogi?" He asked. Shogi huh, I did play it in my past life but not as much as I played chess. If I had to be honest when it comes down to it, shogi is harder than chess but that isn't the reason I didn't play it much. The reason I played chess more was because in my past life people were better at chess than shogi so almost no one would play shogi against me.

"Yeah I do." I responded.

"What would you like to play against me tomorrow?" ​​Shikamaru asked.

"Well if you're any good then I wouldn't mind." I said. ​​Shikamaru smirked at my response.

"Well if you're talking like that then you better be good yourself." He told me.

Itachi's pov

"What?" I heard the confused voice of Lord Third say.

"I said I would like to quit being an ANBU sir." I repeated my previous statement.

"Itachi." Lord Third said in a strict voice. "You and Shisui are our only source of information when it comes to the matter of your clan. If you are to leave we will be losing half of that source." Lord Third said.

"Yes I am well aware of that sir. However my clan is already starting to distrust me because I have not shown up for a few of the meetings. From the way I see things you will not be able to fix things before it's too late. For this reason I see it fit that it is my duty as the heir to the clan to fix things within my clan with my own two hands. I am well aware how important it is having a spy however being in ANBU shortens the amount of time I have to train. If you allow me to resign I can promise you I shall end this whole matter myself with my own two hands, even if a few of my clanmates must die I shall put an end to this coup d'etat." I told Lord Third while making eye contact with him the whole time. I wanted him to know how serious I am, to see the determination fuming in me.

" I see, I can see it in your eyes Itachi, the will of fire is shining bright in them. If anyone can change the minds of the Uchihas it's another Uchiha. Then Itachi I will entrust you with this task. Your final order as a member of ANBU is to put an end to this coup d'etat." Lord Third told me.

"Yes sir." I responded while bowing my head.

??????'s pov

I looked down at the rain falling, as each drop fit the floor I could sense everything and everyone within this village. I sensed someone walking behind me, as they got closer and closer my ears picked up on their feet stepping on the water. I didn't bother to turn to see who it was as I already knew who this person was. They walked up next to me and looked up at the rain.

"Is it time?" I heard her voice speak up.

"Yes, Zetsu has already found a good candidate to join us. He has been said to have been alive since the time of Hashirama, he is Kakuzu." I told her.

"When shall we go find him?" She asked me.

"We shall go now." I told her as I moved off the building we were standing on. Soon I shall end all wars by teaching everyone the true meaning of pain.