3

2 MONTHS AGO - JISUNG PERSPECTIVE

The doors were now shut with no way back to the maze center for another 12 hours. The only thing the younger could think of now was how his boyfriend looked. His final glimpse of him. The look in Minho's eyes. If he would ever see him again.

He quickly shook his head, one, trying to shake away the bad thoughts, and two, trying to make his head feel better. He was still upside-down being held by the griever that sprinted through the  unknown maze, and it made his blood rush to his head. He felt any second he could pass out and possibly never wake up.

It had been a minute of being dragged through the maze. He tried his best to remember where he came from the the glimmer of hope he would get out and could run back to everyone, but that idea shattered when he got to an area where the walls started shifting and moving. At this point he wanted to just accept his face, but the look in his lovers eyes when the maze doors shut made him that much more determined to give him happiness.

Something snapped in Jisung's brain when he thought longer and harder. Maybe it was the blood rushing to his head, or the confusing numbers on the walls that triggered something, but he was not more than ever determined to get out. His eyes scanned the fast paced area and surroundings, then they moved up and backwards to the griever carrying him. He followed the tail that held his leg all the way to the grievers body thinking of any way to maybe disassemble it from his position.

While observing how his situation was going, he found a small detail on the tail of the griever. The part that was holding him had a circle like screw connecting the claw to the rest of the tail. If he somehow managed to unscrew it, he would fall to the ground. Now of course after falling he would need to actually get away from the thing, but that was a problem for future Jisung in his eyes. 

He lifted himself upwards in a crunch to reach his leg and the tail. Once he had fully sat up, he grabbed the claw to semi stabilize himself. His eyes got shaky and dark but he again just tried to shake it off. 

Jisung grabbed into his belt, feeling for the multi purpose tool holder he had that had a variety of screw sizes he would use to fix things in the camp sometimes. He found the pouch and unbuttoned the holder, grabbing out the tool with a strong grip trying not to drop it. Once he felt more comfortable, he closely examined the tail once more, relocating the screws he's seen. 

Once he found the screws, he tried to quickly unscrew them, hoping the creature wouldn't notice. Anybody watching would've called him a maniac, but obviously he was alone, so there was no problem with that. 

Once he got the first two of three done he heard a loud screech come from the monster as he was swung around violently. The griever looked like it was playing a game where it tried to catch it's tail.

In the spinning, Jisung brought himself back up to the screws slowly but surely and jammed his tool into the screw, shifting it a final time before he heard a crack as he fell to the ground, his vision giving up on him.

>-----------------------.---------------------<

Sorry about the short chapter, I was kind of in a rush but really wanted to update. I hope you liked this small glimpse into what Han did to survive inside the maze. You'll see more of how he did it throughout the book, but next chapter it'll flip back to present. 

I (j)hope you've enjoy this book so far and will make sure to update again soon!

:]