8

Minho ran to catch up with Chan and the other runners as they were preparing to leave. He felt bad leaving Han, especially after the night they had just had, but he couldn't ignore his job, so the best thing he could do was to try and make sure he never has to work in this area again.

"Hey Minho! Hurry your ass up!" Chan yelled laughing when he saw Minho running towards them in the distance.

"I'm sorryyyy!" Minho whined. "I just got my boyfriend back let me beeeeee!"

Minho caught up and acted like a child by swaying his body around like he was giving a tantrum. Chan just laughed and rolled his eyes at the younger.

"Hey before we go through, can I ask you about something?" Minho asked, he was getting anxious about talking about switching jobs, especially because they didn't have many runners.

"Sure, but make it quick, the maze opens soon."

"Okay so, um, how do I say this.." Minho kept stumbling over his words.

"You don't want to be a runner anymore?" Chan asked blatantly, putting Minho in shock.

"Oh, um, well-" Minho wasn't expecting the older to know, and Chan's response just made him get nervous more, he was maybe the only one who could make him nervous.

"Minho it's okay." Chan said. "I know you really only joined because Jisung disappeared and you wanted to find him, it's okay. I completely understand."

Minho felt relieved he didn't have to say the words.

"Thank you" Minho smiled a :] smile.

"How is Ji by the way? I haven't seen him a lot, but also too much at the same time."

"What do you mean by that?" Minho laughed at the double meaning comment.

"Well like, he should be resting, constantly, like seriously if I see that boy out of bed one more time I'm going to punt him. At the same time, I've seen him around talking to the newbies and helping people a lot, but that's just concerning! Like does this boy know when to take a break?! Get him under control, I'll lock him up in the hammock rooms if I have to!"

Chan continued on about how nervous he was for the younger, and Minho just listened in aw. He didn't remember his dad, but it didn't hatter, because he had one right here that he wouldn't trade for the world.

"Alright, enough sad talk, let's go through this shithole one more time! Well, we will again when we find away out, but for now, the last run!" Minho laughed getting in a running stance like he was about to take off in a race.

"Alright, let's go slow poke!" Chan laughed and matched his energy.

The two had always been like family, and part of Minho didn't want to leave being a runner BECAUSE Chan was there, but he knew his time being a runner needed to end, and his help could go elsewhere.

The wall of the maze slowly started opening as they sped off into the maze, probable the first time they had ever entered the unknown beast with a smile.

Minho, Hyunjin, Chan, and Changbin all sprinted through the maze, yelling aloud the directions to the sectors they needed to explore. Changbin originally wasn't going to go that morning but decided to just because he knew Minho would probably not be running with them again.

As they got deeper into the maze, it was apparent they had reacted an area that they had not predicted. While they were called runners, the second they reached it, they slowed down and backed away slowly to find cover. Grievers.

Minho's heart raced as he thought of the idea of not being able to return to Jisung the second he got him back, but he wasn't the only one who's thoughts were going to dark areas.