the Recovery of Light

You awoke to the sun hitting your eyelids.

You felt several hands gripping you and you heard people speaking, yet you couldn't make anything out.

You were laid on the ground and had a hand brush over your clothes. You felt a head press against your chest and heard the sound of exclamation.

You open your eyes to see a bearded man. He opens his mouth and says something to you, but you couldn't hear him well enough. You try to sit up, only for your body to not listen to you.

The man keeps talking to you, seeming to be asking you questions that you couldn't answer. Another man enters your vision, wearing the same get-up as the bearded man. The man came up to you with a dripping rag and wiped at your face.

You lay there as he cleaned your face, eventually getting to your ears.

".................in the kid's ear. Can you hear us now kiddo?" The sound of the man's voice entered your ears. You just barely get yourself to nod your head.

"Thank goodness." The bearded man sighed as his hand rubbed his face. "I thought we found a dead body for a second there."

"Nope," The man responded. "Heart is beating just fine. Can you tell us your name? And how old you are?" He asks you.

You ignore him, instead focusing more on the canister in the man's hands.

"What? Oh." Realizing what you were looking at, he sat you up and helped you drink the water. "Better now?" You nod your head.

"Oh, the paramedics are here."

Several people lifted you up and placed you on a mat. You were restrained and brought back up to the entrance to the forest.

People kept asking you questions but as you left the forest, your attention was on the whole different view that came to light.

You had no idea where you were.

You remember the storm, and Kotaro yelling at you. You guessed that you slipped and fell all the way down as you fell unconscious.

"---a---ah-" You open your mouth to speak but find yourself unable to. The people around you reacted and continue to ask you questions but you paid no attention to them and frantically looked around.

You didn't see Kotaro anywhere.

-

You lay in a hospital bed, the same as you have been for the past couple of days. But instead of being alone, two policemen were standing at the side of your bed.

"Y/n. With no last name. Age is unknown, birthday is unknown, the origin is unknown, and birthplace is unknown. All we have is a missing person report from five years ago."

Five years.

You were buried under the ground for five years.

"The couple that reported the missing person only died months later. And even in their records, there wasn't anything about you. So if there's anything you need to say, I would say it now."

You look up from the blanket covering you to the two men. The one speaking to you in fact wasn't a man, but a dog in a uniform. You stared at him, causing him to speak, "What, never seen someone with a heteromorph quirk before?"

You, in fact, have not. But that was perhaps because you never paid any attention to the people around you and had only really watched Kotaro.

You ignore his question and look at the officer next to him. He was obviously a new recruit with how young his face was. He had bright skin, black eyes, black hair, and straight eyebrows, which looked plain compared to the man-dog next to him.