the Fever from Adrenaline

Enji watched the mysterious man speed off into the distance and disappear past a corner. He huffed in annoyance and took a couple of deep breaths to calm himself.

'What an annoying shit.' He ground his teeth together at the thought of the man's words.

It was a rather strange encounter, but what made it worse was the fact that Enji was easily able to tell that the man wasn't just some random stranger.

Although he explained how it could have been the quirk's effects, it was too hard to believe.

Based on his facial expressions and behavior, he was sure that the stranger was hiding something.

'A villain, perhaps?'

No, because there wasn't a villain out there that wouldn't recognize the face of the number two hero.

"Sir?" His secretary called out from behind him.

"You saw his face. I want all the information you can get on him."

"Huh? Oh! Yes, Sir. I'll have it ready for you as soon as possible."

As he looked in the direction the man disappeared to, he remembered a time from long ago. Standing alone in the hallways of his high school, with a second-place medal hanging from his neck. He watched as his rival picked up a young child with a blank face. With his cursed, wide smile, the man spun around joyfully with the child in his hands.

Enji rubbed the space between his forehead, and frustration caused him to grind his teeth.

'Why am I remembering something so useless right now?'

He reached for his phone as it buzzed with a notification, it was a message from his daughter. She wanted to know if he was going to come home.

A deep sigh left his mouth as he put the phone back without answering.

-

"You finished dying yet?"

"Don't talk to me."

You sat on the dirty ground of an alleyway with a piece of cloth pressed to your mouth. You quietly cough the excess blood from the back of your throat into the cloth and rub a part of your sleeve that had ended up scorched.

You glance at the man that stood over you, his sharp blue eyes looked down at you with questioning.

You sweat at the thought of going from one adrenaline-filled situation to the next.

'And I just escaped that other guy...'

"So you can actually speak again. That means you can answer my questions now, right?"

He held a palm filled with burning blue fire in his hands and a smile that was so fake and unnatural that his face could literally start bleeding because of it.

"So tell me, why was a child disguising as an adult and sneaking into a bar to see some hero?"

"..."

'Huh?'

"Your surprised expression looks dumb." He poked your cheek and smirked.

"I think you've misunderstood. I'm not disguising, I'm an actual adult."

"Sure thing, kiddo, and I got the smoothest skin in this city." He brought his lit hand closer to your face, almost burning off a part of your hair. "I saw your disguise fall, and you're even having drawbacks because of you overusing it. Now, before I end up ruining this pretty face of yours and scaring your mama, why don't you tell me your relationship with that man?"