the Green haired Boy

There was some point, in the hospital where you were recovering, that you realized something.

Alone, in that white, pristine room. Thin sheets and a side table next to the bed.

Fear had enveloped your body.

Same as the concrete walls of the laboratory, the reinforced room that the commission's laboratory trapped you in every night, and the white room that you were locked in at the HPSC.

Locked in.

Alone.

Because of this fear, you've never been able to stay in a room by yourself for long.

Windows helped, and being able to see people and the outside world did wonders. But whenever you were left alone, where your thoughts could go wild and your memories could surface, you'd panic.

That's why your room was mostly empty, as you haven't spent a full night sleeping there, and mostly curled up into the end of Toshinori's bed in the middle of the night.

That's why you never stayed home alone, always going out and following the hero around, distracting him from his work. That's why you were going to UA with Toshoinori, as you couldn't bare to stay the whole day in that apartment alone.

And that's also why even though you already disliked the idea of Toshinori's successor, you followed the hero to the beach anyways.

You stayed away from the both of them, reading a book on a bench that looked over the beach. Toshinori introduced the two of you, but you openly showed your disdain towards the boy and didn't even bother to remember his name.

That whole morning left a bad taste in your mouth.

Behapes it was because of Toshinori's lack of experience being a teacher, but the fact that he copied exactly what Nana did with him caused you to tremble in frustration.

As you watched the weak boy struggle the same way Yagi did all those years ago, venom slowly filled the pit of your stomach.

You felt sick.

You pull a handkerchief out of your pocket and press it against your coughing mouth. You lament how it'll get once again get stained with blood and force your attention away from the teacher and student.

But even from your distance, you could still hear their voices talking.

Perhaps it was because you've been rather sheltered throughout the past five years, and never studied feelings and emotions the way you used to, but...

'This feeling...' You feel your chest, the same place where your heart should be.

'It's so uncomfortable...'

-

In a white hospital room, a boy sat in front of the large window, looking down at the people that walked through the streets, stories below.

At the door, a heavily bandaged man stood at the entrance. He leaned against the crutches that held him up and watched the child's shining silhouette.

The warm glow of the sun illuminated the room, filling it with the promise of a new day. But the child's lonely figure stood out from the luster of the room. Sitting on the cold floor with his arms laying numb at his side. The light bounced off his hair and illuminated his youthful skin, giving him a look of a fallen angel.

But his eyes...

Though the light bounced throughout the room, like a black hole, his eyes absorbed the light but forever stayed dull.