the Spread of Wings

The police were called due to your screams, but the HPSC got there before them. Their alarms have been going off and a team was put together to go a retrieve you, but as they searched your location, they found that you were still next to the Shimura house.

Never would they have expected to see you, screaming and crying, with blood gushing out of your nose, eyes, and ears, and wounds all over your body. From several knife-like wounds, your hands being cut off, and the healing scabs from past wounds that were still trying to heal. Tsutsumi was the one who found you, as she followed a trail of blood that looked like it came from a dragged body, and saw you in such a state.

The police took care of the rest of the scene.

You slept for a whole month before you awoke.

You blankly stared at your brand-new hands and did your best to repress any memory of the Shimuras. Instead, you focused on the sight of the man you needed to kill.

Hair as white as snow, and eyes as red as blood.

Oh, how you hated that man.

You clenched your fist tightly and imagined what it would be like to have him pinned underneath you with your hands wrapped around his neck. You wrap your brand-new hands around a pillow and squeeze it like your life depended on it.

You wanted him to suffer the same you did. You wanted to destroy his family and cripple his body. You wanted to give him hope, only to destroy it right in front of him.

You wanted to take his life.

The feeling of hatred was so strong, it burned your lungs like acid. You felt like you couldn't breathe when you thought of that man, you could only rapidly gasp for air and soothe yourself with the imagery of his dead body.

How long did you spend with that hatred brewing in your body?

You trapped yourself in your room, never coming out unless they had a mission already prepared for you. You only excepted lone missions, which usually ended up with you killing a mass amount of people and returning back to headquarters bloodied and on the brink of death.

But yet, even though many people tried, and your body still seemed to be deteriorating, you never died. The closest you ever came to death was when Tenko accidentally killed you with his quirk, and it will probably always be the closest you would ever get.

You slept more often these days, finding that it was easier than being forced to live in silence in that room of yours.

Your tired body had become irritated at everything and refused anyone who tried to take you out. It wasn't until you heard that the Chairman had been killed that you finally let someone in.

You laughed at the woman that stood in front of you as she personally came to deliver the news. "Dead, huh? Let me guess, was it Tsutsumi? Did she finally snap?"

Based on her silence, you could have guessed that you were right. "Alright then, what'd you do with her, did you come here to tell me to kill her the same as all those other heroes?"

The blond woman looked at how much you had changed. Many years ago, when she first met you in that hospital, she would have never thought such a quiet kid could have turned out this way.

Well, such is life.

"She has been sent to Tartarus for murdering a fellow hero."

"Damn...what are you gonna do without her, huh? You must need someone to help you with the outside, don't you." You mock her with your words and chuckle as a frown forms between her eyebrows.