05

The engagement day

It was 6.00 in the morning everyone was getting ready in mani's house. Vishnu arrived just by now and was searching for mani and soon found him. He wanted to talk to mani so he dragged mani to the terrace.

Mani / Vishnu :

Deii mani , it seems you haven't spoke to Pranitha. Why is it so ?

Anyway today I'm going to meet her. Let me speak there.

Macha then today is your engagement. Why are you looking confused? You must be happy.

Nothing da, Gonna start a new life was thinking about that macha that's it.

Oh! Then you are ready for marryieee....

He paused for a moment as they heard her anklet sound, Madhu was coming there. They could see that she is struggling to claim the stairs with her saree bringing them tea.
She yelled 'Vishnu anna! In this early  morning don't you get any other place down there to stand and talk ? making me to struggle'. They both smiled.

Vishnu: Did you have something?

Madhu: yeah anna, I drank milk anna.

Mani: Madhu, Ask them to check whether all the things are ready?

Madhu: Ok macha. I'm going... please bring back your glasses to the kitchen.

She was happily going down.

She is pretty cute na ?

Mm. Don't start your rubbishness (in yelling tone)

Hey idiot. I'm also looking her as my sister.

ok ok tell me what are you about to say?

That I was about to ask Are you ready for marrying ....

Again they heared her anklet sound she was half way in the stairs and was shouting, macha and Vishnu anna come here everyone are waiting for you. They came down and everyone in the family boarded on the bus and went to the engagement hall.

Everyone was busy there arranging the things right. Mani was stopping Madhu while she was going somewhere with a plate decorated by flowers on her hand  and saying, Madhu I have to say you something. Can you come. Madhu replied, Macha wait for few minutes, I have to give this plate to amma. I shall give and come back to you. He nodded. Vishnu came to him and told that Pranitha is waiting near the car and she asked him to come there. Mani nodded his head and moved along with Vishnu near the car. Pranitha was dressed in a beautiful yellow saree and she asked Vishnu to go so that she could get some privacy.

She said hi to Mani and he replied Hi.  Mani could understand that she was in urge just by looking her. She started to speak, See.. I know , it was actually an unplanned one and I didn't expect that  all of a sudden we will be here standing at our engagement hall. I am .. , She paused seeing Madhu there. Madhu was coming there to Mani, Macha are you here? I was searching for you at the hall there. Oh she and you are talking how come I forget to see this. Sorry if I had disturbed you. You continue let me come to you after a while she said and turned to move.

"Madhu...", Mani stopped her holding her hands. Madhu turned, Mani told Pranitha that, She is Madhushri my cousin and I will be back within few minutes, still her hand was stuck in his hand.  Pranitha was shocked on their behaviour and was seeing Madhu she was just casual didn't bother about her hand. Mani and Madhu went leaving Pranitha alone there and they went inside the hall, there was only few members and it was a large hall. They was on the corner that no one noticed them.

Madhu / Mani :

Macha see what have you done? She is your fiancee she would definately feel bad about leaving her alone there.

Madhu, But I can get time later to talk to her. But now I need to talk to you.

Okay what, Haan ... I forgot to inform that I asked amma that she packed everything and she herself checked for the things it seems. Don't worry things are fine there. You could have asked this there itself.

Hey lusu, I ... I am not here to speak about that.

Oh, Then do you need any help🙄.

No. Allow me to speak Madhu.

See Madhu that I ... I just wanted to know that whether ...

???: Hey vaaluuu

It was Mohan, a distant cousin of her moreover like a best friend to her.

Hey anna, she screamed out of excitement. And started talking to him.

He was meeting her after a long time. I know they have a good friendship but I am about to say you something and madhu, you could have made him wait,  Mani was thinking in his mind. Mani was standing in the same place just looking her. Finally she turned to him and asked mohan to go and meet her father. Madhu came to Mani, at that time Mithran was shoutig Mani to come to the stage. Madhu told "Macha go there let us talk in the evening". He went to the stage and the engagement started.

Nega and Prabhu was happily standing talking to each other silently. While Mani and Pranitha was on the other side watching the rituals happening there. It was the time for the couples to put the ring on their hands,
Prabhu and Nega happily put their rings. When Mani was about to put the ring on pranitha's finger, he backed for a second and looked her he could see her hands shivering. At the back of Pranitha, Muthu was standing wondering why did mani backed, seeing his mama mani put the ring on her finger without saying anything. Then the engagement ceremony came to an end. Everyone bid bye to each other and went to their respective houses. That evening Vishnu and Mani was roaming around Mani's farm.

Vishnu / Mani :

Macha, why did you backed when you was about to put the ring ?

That I saw her fingers shivering. I thought of asking her what is the problem. But if I ask it there, Mama would mistake me. So I left.

Are you taking that as serious? Even though you were confused in the Morning, as a women she also will be having fear of her life getting a stranger as life partner.

Yeah, It might be due to that fear too.

Macha, I left you with Pranitha giving you privacy but within few minutes I saw you catching Madhu's hand and dragging her to somewhere.

Yeah da, I was in thought of asking something to Madhu. But fortunately or unfortunately there were many disturbances around us and we weren't able to talk.

What was you about to ask?, Vishnu was  asking out of curiosity.

Mani told that it was no use in thinking that now. But Vishnu was pestering him to say that. Mani was saying the truth finally, I... I thought of asking does mama said or felt bad about things happening?

Ohh just that, Vishnu said in a frustrated tone.

Yeah, said Mani. And the sky was almost dusky. And they bid bye to each other and moved to their homes.