Episode 46: Does Speed Matter?

"How long are you gonna take?" asked Flashbang, sitting by the edge of the crater.

"Not long," William mumbled back, inspecting it, "It's so fascinating how a meteor has struck this very same spot. One would think to check just what's so special about this place, wouldn't they?"

"Yeah, probably. Don't really see any reason to."

"Aeronautica's the leading monopoly for anything really space-related, so not many people can just snoop around. They're probably working hard, even now, to prevent the meteors from crashing."

"So what are you even here for?" asked Flashbang, "Just let Aeronautica do all the heavy lifting."

"I'd like to take some specimens of the rock from the meteor for the library," answered William, smiling, "Studying things is just a hobby of mine!"

Flashbang scoffed before turning his eyes to the edge of the crater on the opposite side. Two people approached from it.

"Oh... Kami!" smiled Ford, "It seems we're not the first people here!"

"We gonna kill them?" glared Kami, turning to Ford, "Or are you going to stop me from doing that too?"

Ford merely smiled at Kami, "Let loose, Kami."

Kami started to walk down the crater, stretching his arms and tilting his head to crack it.

"That's the kamikaze guy," mentioned Flashbang, getting up from the ground.

"And it seems like Ford isn't entering the battle," continued William, "We can take a 2v1, right?"

However, from Kami's position, he was no longer present. Only a mark of ash had laid on the ground. Flashbang immediately kicked William away as Kami reappeared right in front of Flashbang, extending his arm that was primed to explode.

"Quick reactions, eh?" smiled Flashbang as his face grew brighter.

Flashbang made a quick jab towards Kami's body.

BOOOOMMMMM!!!

The explosion knocked William away further. However, the shockwave from Flashbang's punch had blasted the shrapnel and fiery explosion of the grenade away. That didn't stop Kami's head from connecting, head butting Flashbang's head. His arm regenerated, continuing his attack with a barrage of punches that aimed for Flashbang's stomach, taking advantage of his stunned state. When Flashbang came to, it only took one punch to knock Kami away launching, tearing his legs off.

KRAAKKKKK!!

Lightning shot from the sky, blasting Kami in the air.

"William!" yelled Flashbang, his wounds regenerating.

"Doesn't seem like I'll be able to use my slowing on this guy," mentioned William, "His explosions would reach me quick."

"My punches can blow his explosions away, so I'm not too worried. If he gets too close though... manage to grab me or something, I can't easily blow that away.

William."

"Flashbang."

"Can I count on you?"

"I'm not Pablo."

"That's all I need to hear."

Suddenly, vines sprouted from the ground, wrapping Kami around. William had pointed his index towards him, in an effort to restrain him a little.

"This is cute," smiled Kami as he fully regenerated, "It's new. I'll give it that."

His arms began to light up, as the grenades primed. However, right in front of him was Flashbang, who managed to close the distance.