Episode 54: The Ceremony

"Grandpa," mentioned Avery, peering over the side of the door, "They've finished fixing up Flashbang. The ceremony is about to start soon."

"I'll... be there, Avery," Grandpa Niko replied, holding a picture of Ichiraku and Nichiji, "...I'm sorry, Nichiji."

Avery couldn't bear to stand looking at her grandpa like this. It's been only recently that she had mourned for the death of Ichiraku as well. As she left her grandpa's room, she bumped into Cassius Anthony.

"Mr. Anthony!" mumbled Avery in shock.

"Oh, Avery," replied Cassius, "Sorry, I didn't see you there. The ceremony is about to start. Aren't you going to see?"

"Yeah, I will," replied Avery, "I was just telling Grandpa. Will you be alright, Mr. Anthony?"

"Yeah, I figured this would happen inevitably," smiled Cassius, "Just didn't think it would happen so soon... Maybe another time. I'm sure Michael and Seux Chang will lead the world better than NTC can."

Suddenly, Niko stumbled upon the doorway, falling flat onto the ground.

"Grandpa!"

"Are you alright, Mr. Niko?" asked Cassius, trying to help him up.

"There's... noises!" announced Niko, "I hear noises!"

"The grief must be getting to him," mentioned Avery worriedly.

"No...! There's noises!" said Niko, pointing towards the doorway a few rooms across, "I heard them through the wall!"

"That's the capsule rooms," mentioned Cassius, slinging Niko on his shoulder as he helped escort the two to the room.

When they arrived, Cassius slid his card in to open the door. Their eyes widened as they realized who they were staring at, laying down on the floor.

"That's... Francesca Vargas, from N4S!" mentioned Avery.

"Ergh..." groaned Francesca, "Did... I finally arrive?"

"We thought you died!" Cassius said as Avery tried to help her up.

Francesca looked at them and recognized that they were people she could trust.

Soon, her thoughts got the best of her, and she didn't realize where she was heading as she ran off the edge of a tall cliff. She immediately fell.

"Augh.. agh!" yelled Francesca, rolling down and falling off the cliff before landing near a withered forest.

When she finally got up, she realized the metal machine in front of her.

"This is..." she thought, "This is one of the capsules we all used to enter the battle royale the first time we got here!"

She inspected the insides of the capsule. Despite the months that took place since the beginning, the capsule was still fully functioning. It even had directions to go back to the spaceships! Francesca could return and send everyone the details about Aeronautica!

However, there was also something that she had realized. If she didn't die, then Maldego would target both Flashbang and Kairi until they were dead. Maldego only needed one winner. She knew that she had to do something to ensure the safety of at least one psycho to win the battle royale.

"I'm sorry you two..." mentioned Francesca, "I ask for one last sacrifice..."

[Francesca Vargas: Eliminated]

With the use of the capsule, Francesca had tore out her core, grazing it against the machine so that it would be considered broken. Doku really was telling the truth about grazing, but that would also mean her lifespan was limited.