Italy - Race Weekend

Toto and I enjoyed our days together before we had to head to the track. We had spent the morning, after we told each other about how we felt, soaking up the sun at the pool. We had cocktails and cantaloupe and sun oil, so we enjoyed ourselves.

It became Thursday all too soon, and so we were on our way to the track. It was wet and humid and it ruined my hair. I was wearing my white Mercedes shirt and some high-waisted jeans with my Puma sneakers. I forgot my coat in our rush to the car because Toto couldn't stop hovering around me, stealing kisses every three seconds. I almost forgot our phones and schedule because of him...

"Here, you can have my sweater." Toto smiled, handing me the huge half-zip he had tied across his back and chest. "I would love to see you wear that, just that." He nosed the side of my neck when we left the car.

I smacked him with the arm of the sweater. "Not here, idiot. We talked about professionalism at the track, and here you are, being all" I moved my arms dramatically. "Huggable and fuckable." I said and Toto let out this full belly laugh that caught the attention of some formula one personnel. I swatted his arm and gave him a stern look and walked towards our motor home. I helped set up Toto's communication station, laid out his notes, and sat down next to his spot to test out his headphones.

"Here you are." A familiar warm voice could be heard through my headphones. I turned around and Lewis stood in the door opening, his smile lighting up the room. "How are you?" He asked and chose the seat beside me.

"I am great, bummed about the weather, to be honest," I said. "How are you? Exited for this weekend?"

Lewis chuckled. "Not really, I have no idea what to do with that car. It's awful, but I try to make the best of things." He shrugged his shoulders. "I have some interviews, and then I'll be off to work out, care to join me? I was planning on going for a grid run."

"It will fall into place, Lewis. It may take a while, but it will work out." I smiled and touched his forearm. "I would love to join you for that grid run, I don't have to be with Toto today since he is working in the motor home today."

"Great, let's say one o'clock?" He asked and I agreed. Lewis said goodbye and left for his first interview with Sky. I walked to Toto's office in the motor home and knocked on his door.

"Hey Romée, what are you up to?" Toto had his glasses on his nose and was typing away on his laptop.

"I just set up your communication system in the meeting room. And if it's okay with you, I am joining Lewis on a run at one in the afternoon." I said and he looked up from his screen. "Something wrong?"

He took off his glasses and rolled his chair back. "Of course that's okay, you don't have to ask me that. But I do appreciate it, makes me believe I have a say in it." He chuckled

"You do have a say in it if you need me for something." I said, plucking at my nails

Toto smiled "Well, I hate that we agreed on keeping things professional at work." He said and rubbed his hands over his thighs.

"Why? Why is that?" I stuttered

"Because-" Toto leaned back into his chair. "I would have told you to come sit on my lap, tell you what a good girl you are for telling me your plans and asking me if it's okay." He chuckled at the dumbstruck look on my face. "But I won't, because that is inappropriate behavior."

"Yes." That is the only thing I could say.

"Have fun on your run, thank you for setting up my seat at the meeting." He said and waved me off.

That motherfucker, is totally playing me. He wanted to keep things professional and look at him now, regretting that decision. Well, he isn't the only one regretting that... I made my way to the paddock, watching George begin his grid walk with his engineers. I waved and walked into the garage, in search of some clothes to work out in. I found some shorts and a shirt that was way too large. But being such a creative woman, girl please, I tied the bottom of the shirt into a knot. It was around twelve thirty when I walked out of the motor home and entered the garage. I walked towards the pit wall and waved at George who had just returned.