The Tell

Before the hectic media spectacle, what Miami is, will begin, Toto wanted to have some time for ourselves in Monaco. We left the airport and I drove to his apartment. It was around ten in the evening and when we entered the door, Toto took my hand and brought me over to the couch. He laid down and pulled me down with him. In this moments I have learned to shut the hell up since Toto wasn't much of a talker when he was feeling down. He would get more talkative about his feelings in the morning.

I woke up in his arms on the couch in the morning and decided to get some breakfast around the corner. I left him a note but I doubt he would be awake before I return. It was lovely weather, not too hot and not too cold. I checked the forecast for Miami and it will be warm and sunny the entire weekend. Great, more tire degradation.

I picked up some fruit, juice, cheese and toast. I couldn't find this pumpernickel thing he loves so I picked out some multigrain dark toast that looked disgusting, figured that would do the trick. I walked back to his apartment and thanked the doorman for opening the door for me. He even pressed the elevator button for me.

When I got into the apartment again, I put everything down on the countertop and ran towards the toilet to pee. I heard some rustling and growling coming from the kitchen and sighed, he's awake. He was reading my note but already spotted the groceries.

"Romée? Are you back, schatzi?" Toto asked. He was standing with his back towards me when I sneaked up behind him and smacked his ass. "Fuck, wha...-" Toto turned around and picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "Bad girl."

I yelped but softly smacked his shoulder. "Put me down! I have breakfast, there is juice and cheese in there!."

Toto only laughed and carried me into the bedroom.

——

Later that day I decided to check his agenda for Miami and made the decision we should leave on the fourth. Miami was this big thing for Mercedes so I texted Julia to change the travel plan. I changed the date in his agenda and immediately got a verbal response from the kitchen. "Why are you doing this to me?" Toto yelled and I laughed

"It's so you have the time to acclimate a little more, there will be a lot of interviews and media and press. And everything you do in the the stadium will be shown on camera." I said and Toto tsk'd

"What do you mean by that, little girl?" He entered the study and stood behind me and kissed my ear. "You mean we can't have sex in the middle of the field?" He said and I pushed his face away.

"Ha ha, very funny, I just wanted you to know." I said and tried to hide my flushed face.

Toto took my face in his palms and kissed me. "Thank you, schatzi."

——

We spend the week in the apartment and on the balcony, no interest in going outside where the people are. We cooked together, played card games, drank various kinds of wine and went to bed early to watch bad movies.

When it was time for us to leave for the airport, we decided to leave the apartment building together. That may have been the most stupid mistake we could have made because the paparazzi was hovering the car that was waiting for us like bees. Hornets. Toto gently directed me to the car and steppe into the driver side himself, facing the crowd. "I had no idea, they normally call when there are a lot of people." Toto ran his hand through his hair and sighed. "I am sorry, I know you are not waiting for any of this."

I looked at Toto and smiled. "I applied for being the assistant of one of the most successful men on earth, I calculated this." I chuckled and took a hold of his hand that was cutting off the blood flow in his own thigh. "It maybe looks a little weird that we left your house together, but it's too late now, and if it becomes a thing we call hr to solve it."