Chapter 1: The strange bookstore

A/N: Please check for any grammar mistakes or typos I've made and please don't plagiarize my work because that's rude and unnecessary

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT own the Percy Jackson series, all the credit goes to the author Rick Riordan. All I own is the plot and the characteristics that I have given Y/N.

WARNING: Spoiler alert! DO NOT read this book if you haven't read the PJO, HoO, or ToA series yet

Name: Y/N L/N 

Age: 11 (Her age will increase as you read the series and she is a year younger than Percy meaning by the end of the series, she will be 15)

Godly parent: Hermes (She's also a legacy of Athena) 

Special skills: Thievery, agility, REALLY fast running speed, wits (because she is a legacy of Athena), good with weapons, can control locks, is a walking lie detector, can see through mist (she'll find out later in the series) 

Weapon: Charm bracelet (the charms can transform into the weapons. Example: Sword, dagger, shield, spear, bow, etc. )

——————————————————————

Chapter one: The strange bookstore

Y/N POV: It was after school Monday and I was doing my homework when I got frustrated and threw the nearest thing I could find down the stairs. Unfortunately for me, the nearest thing I could find was my copies of the Percy Jackson series. When my anger subsided, I realized what I had done and sprinted towards where the accident happened. 

"Oh no no no no no, what was I thinking?" I chided myself as I held up a copy of The Lightning thief. The cover was ripping and there were a lot folds front and back. Just when I thought everything was fine, I opened it up and I gasped.

 A few pages were ripped up (though most just flew out), and there was tears along the backside. I checked the rest of the books, but they were all the same.

In desperate attempt to save my beloved books, I knocked on my mom's door and asked. "Hey mom, can I make a trip to BF/N (best friend's name) house? We scheduled to have a study session today." I felt bad for lying to my mom but I was desperate. 

"Yeah sure, just remember to lock the door when you go. Also, be back before dinner!," I thanked her and picked up the books (along with any lose papers), stuffed my wallet into my pocket, grabbed my key from atop the shoe rack, and sped out the door.

First, I went to Indigo (since it was the place I'd gotten my books in the first place), but when I asked the clerk at the counter if he could fix my books, he took one look at them and refused! He didn't even try. How rude! But honestly, I didn't know if anyone could fix them. 

So Instead, with great pain, I threw them into the recycling—reassuring myself that the new copies that I would buy would be cleaner, have no folds on them, and be better. 

As I reached the mythology isle, looking for the books, I found that they were all out! I went to a few other bookstores and libraries, thinking for sure that would have the series but they either didn't have them, or sold out! 

Angry (yet again) I kicked a rock and mumbled under my breath. I didn't know where I was going because my eyes where glued onto the rock that I was kicking and I wandered straight in front of... a bookstore! But, had I seen this bookstore before? I ditched the rock and started to walk inside. 

To say the least, I was surprised. Not in a bad way, just in a wow! This place is awesome kind of way. The store was littered with different books on mythology and history of the cities that once worshiped mythic deities (For example: Greece, Athens, Sparta, Rome) 

'The owner is particularly interested in Greek mythology' I thought. There was also a variety of peacock feather inspired works of art hung off the walls/bookshelves, or dangled from the ceiling. 

I also spotted a few statues displaying a woman wearing a beautiful gown, a cloak of some sort of feather was draped over her shoulder, and a shinny diadem was placed on her head. The woman held a staff topped with a lotus flower in one hand, and the other held a peacock (which must be what kind of feathers the cloak was made of ).

Once I finished ogling the statues and the furniture, I kept searching the bookstore for where I could buy the Percy Jackson series. Finally, I wandered towards the west wing of the store and found an entire bookshelf dedicated to Rick Riordan's mythology books. Kane chronicles, Magnus chase, Trials of Apollo, Heroes of Olympus, and... Percy Jackson!

 I checked the price and found out that... they were free? The label on the back read 0.00$ Well that's strange. I pondered and decided I would talk to the person behind the counter about it.

"Um, hello?," I said as I found my way to the checkout area. "I was wondering if I had to pay for these." I slid the books across the counter, towards the old lady behind it.

 The lady examined the cover and backside before smiling and putting the books in a book bag and handing me it. "No need to pay for these, it's a special occasion today. But be careful with these books Y/N, these are special too. And I suggest not opening the book and reading it until you are sure your ready." The lady answered cryptically. I wondered how she knew my name?

"Okayyyyy." I replied, dragging the Y sound as I looked at her skeptically and walked away. But as soon as I walked out the door, I turned and ran home.

Before I came through my front door, I waited for my breathing to return to normal (and not make my mother suspicious). 

After panting and wheezing out my uneasiness, I opened my door and laid lazily on the couch. That's when a tsunami of excitement washed over me and I realized! The books! And so I opened the book bag. 

There were the books (of course) but there was a few extra items in there. I guess the old lady was being generous or just forgot these were in there but beats me? I guess these are mine to keep.

Inside, there was a silver/gold bracelet that had lot of charms on it, and a cord with several painted beads on it. 

One had a pine tree, some sort of Greek looking boat that was on fire, and a centaur that had a dress on. These look kinda like the beads Annabeth wears in the Percy Jackson series I think as I put the jewelry on. 

The 2nd last item was a photo of me and 3 other people that look oddly familiar. Did the old lady photoshop me with these people? And who are they, why do they look so familiar? I stuff that in my pocket for when my memory comes back. 

The last item was a backpack (with some other stuff in it, but I decided I would wait later to see what was inside of it) that could scrunch up and become a zip up packet that was small enough to fit in my pocket, so I stuffed it in there as well.

Finally, I decided to pick up The lightning thief and start to reread from the start. "Chapter one, I vaporize my pre-algebra teacher."

But before I could read more, the pages started to emit a blinding light and I started to black out—but not before hearing a sentence that would chill me to the bone. 

"Welcome Y/N L/N, you've just been transported into the Book series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians."