Chapter 14: Clarisse 1.0 pays for our food

(A/N: Sorry to disappoint, but this chapter is only going to be in Y/N's POV)

Chapter fourteen: Clarisse 1.0 pays for our food

Y/N POV: I sweared, sorry not sorry. What did you expect? Me to skip along and dive off the arch swimming lesson style? I did not want to die before meeting Nico, Reyna, Meg, and laugh at Apollo when he turned mortal. Not here, and not now. Especially not by the hands (paw?) of the giant goat lion and snake hybrid that stood in front of me.

Anyway, I was left to finish off the monster. Echidna cackled as Percy fell starfish style down and into the nasty populated river. Terrifying part comes in 3...2...1...and...Now! The Mother-and-son duo turned on me and I summoned my sword. Being me, I said. "Hi?," I think Percy' stupidity was rubbing off on me. That or I my common sense went down the drain as soon as I entered the elevator. 

The monster tried to leap onto me like a cat to a mouse and I jumped out of the way—landing behind it and in front of the snake head. It snapped at me a few times before I broke it's neck with a jab of my blade and it fell limp as it took it's last breaths. I guess the monster didn't like that because one paw swatted at me and I slammed into a wall. Good thing I'd gotten all the mortals out, and Percy starfished into the Mississippi. That way, he won't use this to blackmail me and there wouldn't be any witnesses to witness my embarrassment.

Trying to pounce on me again (we clearly know that's a very effective move) but I scrambled out of the way (see, not a very good tactic). I think Echidna disappeared or drank an invisibility potion or something because I couldn't see her anymore. Anyway, now angry and irritated that it couldn't get a hold of it's snack, the chimera roared at me and it's breath rivaled one of a dozen dumpsters. At least dragons have the  decency to chow down on some eucalyptus leaves. 

Wait...Chirmera...Chow down... My weapons...I got it!

As the Chimera kept squabbling unhappily I summoned a few weapons (a.k.a. 4 daggers and 2 swords) and shot them into it's open mouth, recreating the scene in he titans curse when Percy chokes the Nimean lion (A/N:Did I spell that correctly?) with astronaut food. Not able to chew on the hard metal, the chimera tried to swallow it but went short on breath when it couldn't and the lion part of the creature fell limp as well. This left the goat part of it struggling to move by itself but failed and this gave me the opportunity to slice it's throat open, leaving the monster in a pile of golden dust after stabbing each one with another dagger—making sure that the chimera's soul returned to Tartarus.

—————

"Miss me?," I taped Annabeth's shoulder and she turned on me and gasped. "Y/N!!! if you do that ONE MORE TIME I'll end you myself." Annabeth threatens darkly and gave me a hug. I wasn't too keen on letting her (because I was covered in gold dust and blood from a few cuts I got from the fight but I let it slide...just for once). Grover patted me on the shoulder and I wasn't really sure of it but was that a tear in the corner of his left eye?!

Anyway, we went off in search of Percy and found him trying to push his way towards the police line to see what was going on. I reached him first (because I already knew where he was, thank you PJO books!) and punched his shoulder and berated him for jumping starfish style off the arch and leaving me to clean up his problems! "For someone who's older, I would've thought you'd be more mature!," Then was Grover who tackled him in a mega goat hug while Annabeth joined in on the scolding.

"We can't leave you alone for five minutes! What happened?" Annabeth tried to look angry but her face betrayed relief.

"I sort of fell." Classic Percy thing to say.

"Percy! Six hundred and thirty feet?" I deadpanned. Behind us, a cop shouted, "Gangway!" The crowd parted, and a couple of paramedics hustled out, rolling a woman on a stretcher. I recognized her immediately as the mother of the little boy who'd I helped get out of the chair era accident. She was saying, "And then this huge dog, this huge fire-breathing Chihuahua—"