Chapter 12: A Pink Poodle reads it's own wanted poster

Chapter twelve: A Pink Poodle reads it's own wanted poster

Y/N POV: I ran away. Now scold my all you wish "oh Y/NN~~ your a coward! Come join the fight you whimp!," Mind you, I was trying to look for the weird looking glass ball thing so Percy (who was on the ground in view of Aunt Em's sandaled feet) could chop her head off like the original Perseus story. Wait, wait wait. I came into realization. Wasn't  Hermes 'my dad' the one who supplied Perseus some stuff that helped him murder Medusa? Then that means... oh no." I stopped in my tracks. "Then that means... Medusa hates me too." 

Before I could panic and run away for real, something shiny caught my attention—the gazing ball. Percy had noticed too and we locked eyes for a moment before turned back towards the shiny sphere and saw the reflection of the infamous Mrs. snakes for hair. I could see that her headdress was  gone, revealing her face as a shimmering pale circle. Her hair was moving, writhing like serpents.

Aunty Em.
Aunty "M." I wonder how stupid people can get. 

"The Gray-Eyed One did this to me, Percy," Medusa said, and she didn't sound anything like a monster. Annabeth's mother, the cursed Athena, turned me from a beautiful woman into this!

"Don't listen to her!" Annabeth's voice shouted, some-where in the statuary. "Run, Percy!," I added.

"Silence!" Medusa snarled. Then her voice modulated back to a comforting purr. "You see why I must destroy the grey-eyed girl Percy. She is my enemy's daughter. Your saytr friend may live but I must turn dear Y/N into a statue. Her father is the one who helped the Zeus spawn decapitate me, but you Percy, you need not suffer."   

"Do you really want to help the gods?" Medusa asked. "Do you understand what awaits you on this foolish quest, Percy? What will happen if you reach the Underworld? Do not be a pawn of the Olympians, my dear. You would be better off as a statue. Less pain. Less pain."
"Percy!" Behind him, a buzzing sound could be heard and I knew it was the flying shoes that Luke got from my 'father.'

Grover yelled, "Duck!" Percy turned, and there he was in the night sky—flying in from twelve o'clock with his winged shoes fluttering—the goat boy, holding a tree branch the size of a baseball bat. Reminds me of Coach hedge, I thought as I held the gazing ball close to my chest and tried to navigate my way towards Annabeth.

"Duck!" he yelled again. "I'll get her!,"

That finally jolted Percy into waking up from his daydream. Knowing Grover, I was sure he'd miss Medusa and nail Percy instead. This motivated him and he dove to one side.Thwack! At first I figured it was the sound of Grover hitting a tree. Then Medusa roared with rage."

"You miserable satyr," she snarled. "I'll add you to my collection!," What happened to the "Your satyr friend may live?,"

"That was for Uncle Ferdinand!" Grover yelled back. Perce scrambled away and hid in the statuary while Grover swooped down for another pass. Ker-whack! Don't you love the sound affects too?

"Arrgh!" Medusa yelled, her snake-hair hissing and spitting. Right next to him, Annabeth's voice said, "Percy!," This helped me find her faster.

Percy, the clueless idiot jumped so high that he kicked knee. "Jeez! Don't do that! Oh, sorry." He noticed my busted kneecaps. Annabeth took off her Yankees cap and became visible. 'You have to cut her head off."

"What? Are you crazy? Let's get out of here." Oh look, another one of their many arguments. I forgot to bring the popcorn, dam it! (A/N: See what I did there?)

"Medusa is a menace. She's evil. I'd kill her myself, but..." Annabeth swallowed, as if she were about to make a difficult admission. "But you've got the better weapon. Besides, I'd never get close to her. She'd slice me to bits because of my mother. You—you've got a chance."