Chapter 2: Percy Vaporizes the algebra teacher

Chapter two: Percy Vaporizes the algebra teacher

Y/N POV: I woke to a person rudely shaking me awake. 

"Hey Grover, can you help me over here, I think Y/N might be in a coma or something?," A voice calls out. Wait, Grover!? As in Grover underwood from the book!? I slightly panic and my reflexes kick in. I slap the hand away harshly and let out a small groan as I try to blink away my grogginess. 

"OW!! Never mind." the voice from before screeches in a higher pitch. I hear another voice. "Come on Percy, cut her some slack. She just woke up? What do you expect?," Hold the phone, Percy! As in Percy Jackson!? 

"Well your not the one who's hand just got slapped! Very harshly I might add!," The person who I assume is "Percy" sassed back. The person who I assume is "Grover" sighed and began nervously chewing on something.

"Where am I? Who are you?," I ask in a dazed voice, looking at my surroundings (which at the moment was a grey depressed looking interior of a school bus) The person who I still could not believe was Percy Jackson whispered in a not so hushed tone to the person who I could not believe was Grover Underwood.

"Hey Grover, did you slip magic mushrooms into her food or something? Or is she just gone crazy?," Grover replied. 

"I didn't slip magic mushrooms in her food. Her mind is still probably in the dream world." Percy snorted "yeah right." 

I pressed my fingers to my temple and I blinked out of stupor. I looked up to see the 2 confused faces of 2 very familiar people looking at me.  "Am I dead?," I said, shocked. I look at them again and realize this WAS Grover underwood and Percy Jackson. 

"Yep, she's gone crazy." Muttered Grover, even more nervous. Percy realizes my condition could be serious and he becomes  worried, taking in my appearance and shocked expression. 

"Hey Y/N, you okay? You seem... tired." He says, trying to lighten the mood. Realizing I messed up the story line, I cover it up using my excellent acting skills. 

"Oh, I'm fine." I rub my eyes a bit and yawn. "I just stayed up late studying last night. I'm a little disoriented but it'll wear off by the end of the day.," I reassure them. We still in silence while a million thoughts crowd my brain. When have I ever been so good at lying? Why do I feel like I want to pickpocket someone? What did I do to end up here? I feel so smart all of a sudden, what's up with that? And how do I get back?

These thoughts swarm my brain until the bus stops and we all motion to get outside. I didn't even notice the bits and pieces of peanut butter in Grover's hair, I was still deep in thought. It wasn't until I caught Percy making death glares at a girl that I think was Nancy Bobofit did I notice Grover picking out the bits of food. When we were all situated, Mr. Brunner (or should I say Chiron) lead the museum tour.

He rode up front in his wheelchair, guiding us through the big echoey galleries, past marble statues and glass cases full of really old black-and-orange pottery.He gathered us around a thirteen-foot-tall stone column with a big sphinx on the top, and started telling us how it was a grave marker, a stele, for a girl about our age. He told us about the carvings on the sides and some other stuff, but I wasn't paying attention because I kept eyeing Mrs. Dodds who sent Percy death glares all during the lesson.

I glanced at Percy, and he had an annoyed look plastered on his face when he turned over to Nancy who was whispering (not-so quietly) to her friends and said. "Will you shut up?," Mr. Brunner with his super radar ears paused the lesson and turned to him. 

"Mr. Jackson," he said, "did you have a comment?," Percy's face was totally red.

"No, sir." Mr. Brunner pointed to one of the pictures on the stele. "Perhaps you'll tell us what this picture represents?"