Chapter 7: Has blue food become a thing?

(A/N: This is a pretty bad chapter. Sorry if this chapter doesn't have much of Y/N in it, and the writing is kinda bad. This was supposed to be a quick chapter before transitioning to the capture the flag game, where the drama really begins. I promise you that the next chapter will make up for this one)

Chapter seven: Has blue food become a thing?

Y/N POV: After showing Percy a few more places, we finally reached canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins.

"I've got training to do," Annabeth said flatly. "Dinner's at seven-thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall."

"Annabeth, I'm sorry about the toilets."

"Whatever." I snickered quietly at his akwardness, and he punched me in the shoulder."It wasn't my fault." She looked at him skeptically, and his face twisted when he realized it was actually his fault. Percy had made water shoot out of the bathroom fixtures. He had become one with the plumbing.

"You need to talk to the Oracle," Annabeth said.

"Who?"

"Not who. What, the Oracle, you know, from Delphi? Anyway, I'll ask Chiron about it when I have the chance." I gave Annabeth a pointed look—emphasizing the word I'll—and she dropped the subject.

I didn't know why, but Percy waved at the water. I forgotten that there was a thing called naiads in this universe.  "Don't encourage them," Annabeth warned. "Naiads are terrible flirts." "Naiads," He repeated, and a look of overwhelming was plastered on his face. To be honest, I felt the same.

 "That's it. I want to go home now." Annabeth frowned. "Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."

"You mean, mentally disturbed kids?"

"She means not human. Not totally human, anyway. Half-human." I explained.

"Half-human and half-what?"

I smiled and gestured my hands suggestively. "I think you know." 

"God," He said. "Half-god." Annabeth nodded. "Your father isn't dead, Percy. He's one of the Olympians." 

"That's ... crazy."

"Is it? What's the most common thing gods did in the old stories? They ran around falling in love with humans and having kids with them. Do you think they've changed their habits in the last few millennia?,"

"But those are just-" I felt like he almost said myths again. "But if all the kids here are half-gods—"

"Demigods," Annabeth said. "That's the official term. Or half-bloods."

"Then who are your dads?,"

I replied nonchalantly. "Hermes, Luke's sibling remember?," Annabeth on the other hand, with fists tightening around the pier railing, said coldly. "My dad is a professor at West Point, I haven't seen him since I was very small. He teaches American history." 

"He's human." Percy said dumbly, and I almost laughed if not for the murderous glint in Annabeth's eyes. 

"What? You assume it has to be a male god who finds a human female attractive? How sexist is that?," I would have berated him for the rest of the day about how stupid he was if not for me trying to muffled a full on blast of giggle-itice.

"Who's your mom, then?," Percy corrected. 

"She's from Cabin six." I stopped laughing and reached for her hand to squeeze it supportively. Annabeth may not have been my favourite character, but she was still a human (or a demigod really) being.